The Director, Asset Loss Management is responsible for developing and implementing long term strategies for Loan Loss Recovery, Bankruptcy/Foreclosure Management and Real Estate Owned to effectively minimize BECU’s risk exposure and maximize returns to the membership. In addition, this person is responsible for managing the operations of the Asset Loss Management function. This person will have a thorough knowledge of collection operations, bankruptcy, loan foreclosure and real estate owned management strategies and processes, and the laws and regulations governing them to drive optimal team and organization performance.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training of staff to develop and encourage their performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting personnel evaluations and providing feedback.
- Develop and execute effective Loan Loss Recovery, Bankruptcy/Foreclosure Management and Real Estate Owned strategies to minimize BECU’s risk exposure.
- Manage asset management systems in compliance with applicable state and federal laws as well as Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain statistical records, production and management reports.
- Estimate and manage staffing requirements to ensure the most effective, cost efficient and productive use of staff.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives for ensuring their consistency with the Credit Union’s operating plan and Portfolio Management strategies.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of applicable rules, regulations and laws affecting collections, lending, repossession, foreclosure, bankruptcy, real estate owned properties and check and lending fraud.
- Maintain involvement in the loss management/mitigation community, and be knowledgeable of developments which affect the collection industry.
- Administer applicable operational and employee policies/procedures to ensure a productive work environment that enables employees to provide optimal member experiences.
- Ensure that written procedures are documented for all functions within area of responsibility and update as necessary.
- Develop and submit for approval an annual plan for areas of responsibility. Manage expenditures to ensure budget guidelines are met and the Vice President, Portfolio Management approves exceptions.
- Ensure timely and accurate services are provided by providing managerial leadership, direction and effective monitoring of performance. Establish departmental and individual goals and objectives that are consistent with the operating plan.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- BS, BA degree in Business or related field, or equivalent work or educational experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years of experience managing a diverse and large scale operation in a high volume financial services environment, to encompass management of all types of consumer and mortgage lending products, as well as owned properties and accounts in bankruptcy status required.
- Minimum eight years of Loan Loss Recovery, bankruptcy management and real estate owned (REO) management experience required.
- Experience developing and executing strategies in Loan Loss Recovery and real estate owned management required.
- Experience managing an automatic call distribution system and telephone auto dialer technology environment preferred.
- Ability to design and fully implement workflow management and efficiency processes, including staff scheduling, capacity modeling, performance management, goal setting and production oversight preferred.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.