$150K — $200K *
The Director of Assessment and Institutional Research at Northcentral University (NCU) creates and fosters a culture of continuous assessment and data-driven decision-making. This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive institutional research program including the systematic collection, evaluation, and distribution of university data to provide a complete picture to guide decision-making and support institutional improvement, planning, and accreditation needs. The Director will guide and engage our students, faculty, staff, and administrators in every stage of the assessment cycle. Additionally, the Director will collaborate with campus data stewards to contribute to an institution-wide data strategy, supporting easy and appropriate access and use of data, and to assure data quality.
• Contributes to the university-wide integration of meaningful assessment processes and practices in support of student learning and institutional effectiveness.
• Oversees NCU’s external reporting, internal reporting, and analysis in support of institutional assessment, planning, and decision-making.
• Monitor the assessment of student academic achievement for all programs across NCU.
• Provide assessment support to faculty and staff members at the course, program, and unit levels.
• Lead professional development activities related to assessment of student learning and institutional effectiveness.
• Share findings with key stakeholders and campus community and stakeholders in discussions around findings and provide guidance on next steps.
• Support the university’s strategic planning process with institutional data to track progress toward strategic goals.
• Identify stakeholders and assist with their decision support needs; anticipate critical institutional questions through data review, both internally and externally (state, national, international, higher education field)
• Update, maintain, and distribute the university fact book of institutional indicators and standard reports.
• Oversee the development and implementation of institution-wide surveys of both student and employee populations.
• Manage external reporting for IPEDS and public agencies, including state and federal governments.
• Serve as a member of appropriate committees.
• Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Clear track record of experience, particularly in the areas of reporting, decision support, and the ability to constantly improve process and tools.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team on multiple projects, establish priorities, and work collaboratively as a member of a community.
• Exhibit strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail.
• Advanced computer skills including knowledge of database management, statistical software packages, visualization tools, and presentation software.
• Demonstrated experience with quantitative and analytical skills, including research design, survey methodology, and statistical methods for data analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present data in a meaningful and user-friendly manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; define problems, collect data, analyze, and effectively present information to internal and external audiences professionally, articulating the college's institutional research and planning agenda with clarity and confidence.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with students, faculty, administration, and external constituents.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment, and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office suite
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A master's degree with focus in quantitative social science area such as educational statistics, sociology, psychology, or related field, with a strong background in statistics required.
• A doctoral degree in a related field preferred.
• A minimum of five years of demonstrated proficiency in assessment, accreditation, applied research and data analysis, preferably in higher education or related setting required.
• Experience with survey design, analysis, and reporting required.
• Experience in higher education preferred.
• Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred.
• All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The physical requirements for performing the essential functions of this position require the team member to be able to:
• Able to sit, stand, kneel, walk, and reach.
• Able to lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• Hear well enough to communicate with others.
• Read a computer screen and written material.
• Write, type, and use phone system.
• This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
• Good working environment with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Valid through: 4/17/2021
$150K — $200K
19 days ago