$150K — $200K *
Manages all administrative and clinical operations of the clinical laboratory departments in a complex medical center or Service Area (typically multiple testing labs and/or tertiary care services and multiple draw station locations). Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective laboratory services, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical practice standards, budgets, and staff development.
- Meets the clinical laboratory needs of physicians and staff in developing and implementing an integrated service line model across the Service Area of several large medical offices.
- Determines the type and manner in which laboratory services will be provided throughout the Service Area.
- Develops and administers policies and procedures, which are in keeping with the service value, quality and access goals of the Service Area.
- Manages the technical, clinical, and operational aspects of the laboratory and pathology services at all Service Area facilities.
- Ensures technical and support staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with CAP, CLIA, The Joint Commission, AABB, NCQA, Title 22, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Develops, negotiates and monitors budgets and resource allocations at all Service Area clinical lab facilities.
- Oversees and develops clinical practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Establishes and maintains an effective collaborative working relationship with Service Area providers to identify and resolve problems/issues and improve delivery of laboratory services.
- Ensures on-going laboratory staff development.
- Develops and presents in-service programs to medical center and medical office staff.
- Develops, implements, and monitors laboratory policies and procedures throughout the Service Area which support the organizations business goals.
- Establishes, implements, monitors and enhances quality control/assurance/risk management programs.
- Monitors test results, equipment, and laboratory information systems.
- Designs and implements the laboratory safety program, including hazardous waste management, chemical hygiene plan, and injury prevention program.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a high volume acute care clinical laboratory required.
- Minimum four (4) years of management experiencerequired.
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Science or related science required.
License, Certification, Registration
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License required.
- Knowledge of CLIA, Title 22, CAP, The Joint Commission, NCQA, AABB, local, state, federal regulations required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degreepreferred.
- ASCP certification preferred.
Valid through: 12/21/2020