Reporting to the Vice President, Data and Transaction within the bank’s Canadian BankingTechnology, the Director Architecture (Director) is responsible for managing a set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among various stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend technical / business solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
To achieve this, the Director will lead a team of Architects and professionals responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of IT business solutions for a major function or business line.
The Director works with the business unit management and forms alliances on projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements and vendor management. Will also participate in long-range strategy planning and manage policy development to address complex business issues.
The Director is responsible for driving cultural change within the organization, enabling teams and senior leaders to espouse the Agile transformation, and providing ongoing coaching to leaders and scrum team to help them achieve more than they thought possible.
In addition to promoting the use of Agile practices and being a champion of Agile principles, the Director will actively advocate the communities of practice.
Fostering a positive dialogue with stakeholders, the incumbent will leverage lessons learned, retrospectives and other artifacts to continually improve and drive the Agile practice at the Bank.
An experienced agilist, you will act as a coach, supporting a culture of continuous improvement and shared practices across the organization.
1. Responsible for planning and directing application/technology projects and ongoing support.
- Typically involving multiple systems and impact more than one area or sub-component(s) of major application/technology projects
- Ensuring it meets the needs of the user group across the platform(s) and adheres to the architectural direction of Bank standards
- Understands the strategic direction of the enterprise and the supporting IT systems and architectures.
2. Maximize the efficiency and performance of leaders and Agile team
- Work together with the Architects and supporting them to increase business value
- Consult the Business and stakeholders to remove barriers and change processes to facilitate the delivery of Agile solutions
- Remove organizational impediments either within one Agile initiative or across multiple / distinct scrum teams
- Coach and mentoring Architects, Agile teams and management to enhance release planning, Agile ceremonies, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
- Transfer knowledge and helping teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing the outcome, collaboration, and quality practices
- Participate in improving the team’s development practices, to ensure sustainability, security, and efficiency of the code base
3. Contribute to building organizational capability and expertise on Agile transformation
- Lead and coach the organization’s digital transformation, sharing successes and lessons learned, vision to accelerate transition
- Communicate effectively across the Bank to diverse audiences, departments and levels acting as an advocate of the Agile methodology
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of project management methodologies and propose cutting-edge solutions for the maximization of resources to help mature the organization’s level of agility
- Deep understanding of bank’s long-term vision and strategy to inform/influence partners (e.g. business executives) to support effective decision making, prioritize goals and build a solid portfolio of initiatives
- Work with and across Agile teams to elicit ideas, identify or propose foundational capability or cross-functional solutions in addition to lobbying for their implementation
4. Responsible for functionally managing direct reports and technical teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Provides counseling and coaching
- Recruits qualified resources for projects
- Develops departmental capability to exploit technology and develop expertise to meet future business requirements
- Ensures succession planning for all critical positions
5. Develop the technology roadmap and ensure that Scotiabank maximizes the value received from its infrastructuretechnologyinvestments
- Act as the departmental infrastructuretechnology expert. Play an active role in understanding industry trends and new technologies, and provide leadership in driving cost risktechnologies reduction thru innovative technology solutions
- Establish the long-term (3-5 years) technology vision and contribute to the development of the Bank’s reference architecture
- Work with strategic suppliers / internal delivery organizations to ensure that Scotiabank benefits from leading industry practices and technologies
- Assess technology currency and to develop improvement plans
- Construct an industrial strength steady-state environment
- Developing practices that ensure accountability to a clearly identified stakeholder community, both inside and outside the organization
- Organize and build standards in Canadian Architecture in coordination with Enterprise Architecture
6. Responsible for building and maintaining a strong working relationship with peers/management within the business lines.
- Partnering with stakeholders/teams to translate business strategies/requirements and identify appropriate solutions to deliver on objectives
7. Manage the budgeting processes and quality improvement activities for his/her department and/or projects.
- Interprets, applies and monitors return on parameters and performance indicators for all new initiatives supported by the area
- May be required to work with Project Management, Business Analysis and Finance resources to ensure appropriate financial management of projects and operations
- Interprets and implements continuous improvement process for production issues to ensure the effective and timely resolution of problems and knowledge transfer
8. Meet scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Ensures the timely development and/or implementation of solutions
- Actively facilitate problem resolution, in anticipation of production problems.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must have at least 10-15years of progressive IT and business/industry work experience.
• Must possess working experience with Agile methodology and/or as a catalyst for change into Agile methodology.
• Must have demonstrated working experience with Solutions Architecture.
• Must have systems knowledge and experience (existing systems and new technologies).
• Must have business knowledge and experience (understanding of vision, financial objectives/how business functions and core processes interact/the strategic importance of projects, how they relate to Scotiabank's goals, how projects interact/impact of change and/or delays in projects).
• Must have process knowledge and experience in scheduling, resource allocation, risk management and systems design.
• Must be experienced in the project management of highly complex technology projects.
• Must be experienced in vendor management, including contract negotiations and managing outsourcers.
• Must be experienced in managing offshore resources.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and programs.
Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
Requisition ID: 994.