As Director of Architecture you will set technical direction for a portfolio of high-demand apps crucial to the sale and servicing of Fidelity-managed investment products. As a technology leader, you will help shape and define the next generation of business capabilities based on cloud services and SaaS technologies.
Fidelity Institutional Asset Management (FIAM) is a sale, marketing and servicing division within Fidelity with the mission to bring Fidelity investment products and services to the market through investment advisors and large institutions. The technology teams support the business through close collaboration and partnership to improve the impact that technology can have on business goals and objectives. This is a fast-paced environment that operates using mature agile practices and principles. We stress customer-obsessed thinking and an innovative culture.
The Expertise You Have
- Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical curriculum
- Experience: minimum 7-10 years of proven architectural skills and responsibilities; experience with multiple technical domains crafting and building enterprise class solutions
- Technical Expertise (3 or more): Java, Spring, Oracle, SQL, Salesforce, REST APIs (domain-driven design), Tableau, OBIE, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Specific certifications: AWS certification is a bonus, Salesforce certification is a bonus
The Skills You Bring
- You have experience or certification in AWS Cloud-based architectures.
- You have experience or certification on Salesforce.
- You have experience in Server-Side technologies such as Java, Spring, REST APIs, AOP.
- You have experience with RESTful APIs (domain driven design)
- You have strong presentation skills; written and verbal communication including the ability to influence.
The Value You Deliver
- Providing technical leadership and hands on mentorship to agile teams in preparing design artifacts and implementation of solutions
- Through deep understanding of the business, you provide expert mentorship to your business partners
- Crafting multi-year technical roadmaps for the application portfolio that you support
- Engaging with peers across the enterprise to establish strategic directions across business units.
- Providing comprehensive knowledge of integration patterns, APIs, UIs, infrastructure, data architecture, security, and new technologies.
- Driving solutions architecture design and ownership and articulate architecture solution options to the product owners and architecture leadership.
- Working independently and with all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical team members.