The Director of Architecture is a leader who can effectively foster an environment of trust, collaboration, and high-performance. This person must knock down technical, cultural, or organizational impediments, mentor lead technical staff, and collaborate with other architecture and engineering leaders to develop a healthy organization. They should have a passion for learning how new technologies and patterns can deliver software to our customers.
The Director of Architecture and the architects that are a part of their team will play a strategic leadership role in guiding engineering teams toward next-generation architecture and engineering capabilities.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serve as the Architecture leader for the business in partnership with Product, Engineering, and Business leadership
- Set the technical architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles; ensure that this vision is aligned with the CAI enterprise technology strategy
- Frame technical or architectural alternatives in business terms, clearly articulating both business and technical implications of various options
- Champion sound architectural solutions and effectively advocate for them at an executive level
- Champion technology- and architecture-related investments, advocate for the priority of this work with Product, Business, and Engineering counterparts
- Manage technical debt and advocate with Product and Engineering to create and execute appropriate risk mitigation and debt-reduction strategies
- Drive creation, adoption and reuse of enterprise technology assets
- Lead a team of architects, who provide architectural stewardship for the software products delivered by the business
- BA/BS Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 10+ years experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
- 5+ years experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of leadership experience, with a track record of increasing responsibilities
- Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
- Experience with cloud-native architectures or compatible architecture patterns
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least three of the following areas: business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technical/infrastructure architecture, security disciplines, or operational disciplines.