The successful Candidate for this role will become part of the Fidelity Personal Investing Architecture Chapter, which is a component within the overall “Spotify Model”, across the Personal Investing organization in Fidelity.
We provide end-to-end architecture strategy and spearhead innovative solutions for our customers. This includes a very large realm of activities, including but not limited to: influencing product strategy, developing scalable solutions, partnering with squads in launching valuable and clear solutions to our customers.
As Solution Architect, you will utilize your technical curiosities along with your domain expertise to develop innovative solutions. You have a passion for delivering solutions in a client obsessed environment that will give you opportunities to grow multi-dimensionally.
Fidelity Personal Investing Development teams provide direction and implementation to the experiences that enable our Retail customers to be financially successful. Your work, as part of the team, enables functionality developed throughout the firm to reach these customers and build the high-value interactions that will keep them coming back. As part of the team you will be able to impact the speed, efficacy, and scale of the technical solutions that will serve these customers through forward looking architectural designs as well as hands-on implementation.
THE EXPERTISE YOU HAVE
- Proven desire/ability to learn and implement new technologies
- Experience or certification in Cloud-based (AWS, GCP) architecture is required
EXPERIENCE IN MICRO-SERVICE BASED ARCHITECTURE IS REQUIRED
- Experience with multiple enterprise technologies would be beneficial
- Exposure to Agile development methodology is desired
- Exposure to front-end UI technologies would be required
- Experience with AI and ML technologies is desired
- BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineer field
- Experience with entire SDLC spectrum
- MS degree in Computer Science and related software engineer field.
- Experience as a Solution Architect or Technical Lead, crafting new solutions.
- Demonstrated Understanding and proven track record for cloud based solutions, continuous integration/deployment and serverless architecture.
THE SKILLS YOU BRING
- Your ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals
- Your desire and aptitude for learning new technologies
- Your previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions
- Your ability to perform (or willingness to learn) the coding to deliver polyglot solutions that delight our customers
- Your willingness to partner effectively with your technology business partners
- Your dedication to sharing knowledge and providing mentorship to less experienced developers in their work
- Your ability to communicate problems and recommend solutions to project leaders
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER
- Driving target architecture for various solutions in PI (Personal Investing)
- Developing prototypes and spearhead solutions in MVP, iterative approach
- Working with multiple squads using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Providing technical expertise as requested by members of various scrum teams