Director Applications System Development
- Summary of This Role
Technology Quality Services – Director (Application System Development) for Quality governance & analytics Center of Excellence will be responsible to manage the analysis, programming, and testing activities for system and/or software application development and service / support to include feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised software applications and/or systems. Advises and confers with team members on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. Consults with team members in other areas to coordinate cross-functional activities. Oversees the effective development and implementation of programs to ensure that all software applications meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements. Administers change control process for zero defect system development. Ensures adequate application testing prior to implementation.
What Part Will You Play?
- Leads and develops highly technical team, sometimes with multiple skill-sets and/or locations, supporting application system development, production support and testing.
- Plans, coordinates and leads software development activities for assigned areas in support of client requests, new sales, strategic initiatives, product development and internal enhancements. Establishes priorities for work requests. Provides technical direction. Takes responsibility for quality and timeliness, adjusting resources and escalating major issues, based on business needs and plans. Takes decisions when required and responsibility for issues escalated higher. Ensures methodology is followed and promotes high quality, on-time work. Drives resolutions of issues and roadblocks. Brings large and complex problems to resolution by providing direction, leadership and expertise.
- Participates in the development of Divisional plans and communicates these and progress with team(s). Evaluates industry and technical trends and developments and contributes to the development of application systems and testing.
- Participates in Divisional budgeting / forecasting and planning. Recommends strategies to achieve short and longer-term goals. Manages resource planning with team leadership to achieve key software application systems and testing performance indicators within agreed budgets and Service/Operational Level Agreements. Communicates status of work to executive leadership.
- Develops strong relationships internally and with partners and clients and ensures team have positive relationships. Acts as an ambassador and a senior subject matter expert in client meetings and sales support. May manage key vendor relationships. Helps build cross functional teams and collaborates with leaders to improve cross-functional processes and workflows. Negotiate with stakeholders across business units to achieve satisfactory delivery for clients/customers.
- Ensures that application systems development processes and practices are compliant with corporate and regulatory standards (both domestic and international). Contributes to the development of IT policies and standards. Leads responses to internal and external audits and remediation of any issues. Serves and an escalation point for teams.
- Contributes to the development of strategy, risk management, productivity and quality management within the team. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs and development. Collaborates with senior management to perform continual process improvements that positively impact cost, revenue, performance efficiency, process development and solution delivery. Manages the transition to new tools and processes.
- Will lead teams that performs development & testing and/or the relationships with vendors providing this service. Contributes to the development of testing strategy and plans. Acts as a senior escalation point for testing.
- May act as a senior technical subject matter expert for applications and development, acting as a senior escalation point on technical issues and creating solutions for complex problems and providing direction for own and other teams. Acts as a corporate resource.
- Not an exhaustive list;otherduties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
Typically a minimum of 10 years
related professional experience including a minimum of 5-6 years experience in a managerial position.
Master's Degree in related field of study(Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics) from an accredited university.
Prior TSYS, payment or technology industry experience is preferred.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
Experience in Technology, corporate governance & strategic planning, software development, testing & operations
Data research, analytics & development/operations within Banking & financial services & financialtechnologies enterprise / consulting enterprise.
Strategic framework development towards reallocation & optimal investment utilization
Databases - SQL, DB2, NoSQL, Amazon RDS/EBS. Data visualization tools – Tableau, SAS