Director, Application Development
Oxford Search Group has been engaged by a well-known Cincinnati company seeking a key leader to guide the organization through full digital transformation & automation of the business. The Director will provide technical leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring for multiple software engineering teams. This individual will manage specialized teams which design, develop, and support various applications currently deployed and running efficiently, while providing vision for future applications and functionality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Meet business needs by managing the activities of developers consistently delivering quality solutions on time, within budget, and scope.
- Work with internal customers to gather business processes and project requirements.
- Actively drive the development life-cycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation, testing, implementation, and support.
- Develop project plans, resource planning, scheduling and managing development timelines.
- Build and manage multi-disciplined software teams and overseeing the development processes using industry best practices.
- Responsible for design reviews, code reviews, and mentoring the software development team.
- Support change management process to manage software releases, application patching and changes to production configurations.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses.
- Oversight and management of department expenses and budget planning
Requirements and Skills:
- Strong people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, oran equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams.
- Commitment to quality through the ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices.
- Expertise in vendor contract management and management of distributed development teams and resources.
- Experience in application architecture and making rational buy vs. build decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present ideas and discussions in larger forums when needed.
- Deep technical knowledge of web applications using web services (REST/SOAP/SOA/XML/HTML)
- CRM Platform Development (Salesforce or ServiceNow is a plus)