We are a seeking highly driven technologist, possessing strong technical and analytic skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a real-time environment where one can make immediate contributions. This individual will lead the development and technical analysis of strategic initiatives as well as the existing software stack. Projects will be highly technical in nature and will focus in the area of Market Data.
- Effectively work with the leadership in the PMO, Development, Product Management, Business and Technical Operations, Systems Engineering, Infrastructure, Networks and Architecture teams
- Assume full end-to-end responsibility for tasks from analyzing requirements with business design and implementation.
- Acquire a robust understanding of E*TRADE products, services, processes, and organizational structure in order to find optimal solutions and achieve rapid execution of key initiatives
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, compliance concerns, risk control processes, and regulatory landscape
- Draft and review architectural diagrams, specifications, business requirements as well as various design documents
- Work with our existing technology stack (Java, C++, Linux, Unix, Open Source Platforms, and SOA) as well as new technologies for our next generation solutions
- Create project documents and requirements (presentations, user stories, migration plans, communication plans)
- Self-motivated, highly organized, team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn quickly and work independently
- High proficiency in C++ in a Linux environment
- Experience in Java server-side development is desirable.
- Practical experience with scripting technologies such as Shell, Python, Perl
- Strong experience with multi-threading and networking protocols (TCP/IP, Multicast)
- Practical experience and understanding of low latency messaging middleware
- Experience in market data products such as Refinitiv TREP is a must
- Experience in the financial markets with understanding of Equities, Futures and Options is highly desirable
- Practical experience working within the Scrum Framework and Agile methodologies
- Experience with common tools including Git, maven, Jenkins, Slack, JIRA
- Must possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication with exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Practical experience with relational databases (Oracle, Sybase) is a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.