The Role at a Glance:
We are excited to bring on a dynamic and proven technology lead to collaborate across Group Protection and IT stakeholders to deliver best in class capabilities.
As Lincoln Financial group continues its technology transformation, our Group Protection technology teams are dedicated to serve our business growth and enable outstanding customer experience. As the Director, Application Development – Group Protection, you will lead a dynamic team working in an agile environment focused on building the necessary capabilities to support our claimants and their employers. Lincoln’s Group Protection business is evolving and embracing technology transformation across the board, and this Director, Application Development – Group Protection will help create the roadmap for how our solutions are architected and implemented for years to come. This is a great opportunity for an experienced technical leader to partner with CX, re-engineering and claims operations teams, to innovate and create solutions that drive our business.
What you'll be doing:
- Direct and evaluate individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and exceed performance standards; establishes clear goals and supports team members in pursuit of professional/technical excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients to better understand how technology can best support current and future business needs.
- Direct the assessment of application solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, application architecture standards, future maintenance/support needs & bottom line cost-benefits in consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Lead from experience to drive technical team’s adoption of DevOps practices and Agile delivery.
- Partner with stakeholder and business leaders to take a customer centric approach to design, develop and implement solutions that serve our business.
- Assess and communicate in a timely and appropriate manner to management and other stakeholders regarding scope, status, risks and issues; develops mitigation plans if necessary.
- Ensure that business applications meet established service level agreements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to resolve complex application development/system analysis issues/concerns.
- Collaborate during the annual planning process by responding to business requests and/or recommending system enhancements then develops associated budgets and plans.
- Collaborate with appropriate senior leadership and/or project management resources on the development and execution of complex technical roadmaps, project plans, test plans and implementation plans including ensuring appropriate project resource allocations.
- Direct & drive the development and execution of complex test plans (as applicable) to ensure accuracy & that the applications meet business needs.
- Manage day to day budget and expenses for your area.
- Oversee & manage vendor relationships & process to coordinate activities & ensure compliance of statement of work.
- Provide comprehensive reviews of functional specifications, business requirement & test plans to ensure accurate system enhancements, optimize customer satisfaction & ensures the integrity of the platforms for your assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging trends for Group Protection technology, collaborates with management to incorporate new trends/developments in current and future solutions.
- Direct and enhance organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management.
- Identify and direct the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the technology and business teams.
- Attract and develop top talent
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience that directly aligns with the responsibilities for this position including 3 years of working directly in or with an agile team(s)
- 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing teams with full AWS development lifecycle delivery, including Infrastructure Provisioning, Automation and Security
- Experience leading application development in the Claims business of the Insurance industry
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal teams, business partners and stakeholders, instilling a collaborative transparent culture that allows the team to be successful and ensures work aligns with strategic and tactical goals.
- Resource management background, focused on resource development, training/upskilling, performance assessment, growth opportunities, capacity vs demand requirements
- Understanding of
- Agile, Software development lifecycle
- Application security