Director, Application Development - Annuities IT Data and Analytics
Director, Application Development - Annuities IT Data and Analytics will provide leadership and direction to ensure group results for his/her assigned area(s) of Application Development responsibility. S/he directs all elements of application development, innovation and support, including implementing and executing application roadmaps and developing complex programs and projects across multiple platform and application suites.
- Assesses and communicates in a timely and appropriate manner to management and other stakeholders regarding scope, status, risks and issues; develops mitigation plans if necessary.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal clients to better understand how technology can best support current and future business needs.
- Collaborates during the annual planning process by responding to business requests and/or recommending system enhancements then develops associated budgets and plans.
- Collaborates with appropriate project management resources on the development and execution of complex project plans, test plans and implementation plans including ensuring appropriate project resource allocations.
- Directs & drives the analysis, development & delivery of complex applications which meet current & future business needs.
- Directs & drives the development and execution of complex test plans (as applicable) to ensure accuracy & that the applications meet business needs.
- Directs the assessment and/or assesses application solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, application architecture standards, future maintenance/support needs & bottom line cost-benefits in consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensures that business applications meet established service level agreements.
- May develop & manage budget/expenses.
- May oversee & manage vendor relationships & process to coordinate activities & ensure compliance of statement of work.
- Partners with stakeholders and business leaders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
- Provides comprehensive reviews of functional specifications, business requirement & test plans to ensure accurate system enhancements, optimize customer satisfaction & ensures the integrity of the platforms for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides expertise and collaborates with stakeholders and management to assess, select and recommend solutions and/or approaches that will achieve business goals.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to resolve complex application development/system analysis issues/concerns.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 7+ Years of experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience(Required)