The Director, Application Development and Data Integration – Wealth Management is the champion of data and application development for Wealth Management. This position will collaborate with other areas of Technology Enablement (TE) to ensure complete data and application development solutions are created that fulfill business requirements for the Wealth Manager. This position will work closely with the Data, Data Governance and Enterprise Architecture teams to ensure solutions align with the overall strategies being defined by those groups. The Director, Application Development and Data Integration – Wealth Management is also tasked with optimizing resource assignments and overall coverage for corporately prioritized initiatives. This position will use motivational leadership, excellent team-building skills, and prior experience as a data and application development professional to build a progressive and forward-thinking team.
- Provides data-to-day direction and oversight for a team of software and data integration engineers.
- Brings a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates team to develop simple solutions to complex problems, while advocating for technical excellence.
- Work with Wealth Management business partners and Enterprise Architecture to determine product roadmaps and schedule.
- Works with senior TE leadership and Business on common goals.
- Provide technical guidance, career development and mentoring to team members.
- Recruit and retain top talent.
- Ensure team has clear priorities and adequate resources.
- Holding team meetings, effective 1x1s, task planning and performing code reviews as required.
- Pursue learning about new technologies and industry trends and, if appropriate, recommend their possible use within the company.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading data and application development teams.
- A demonstrated track record of delivering new solutions and iteratively improving them over time.
- Passion for Wealth Management and a self-starting personality to make things happen.
- Exceptional listening skills, ability to learn quickly, possess a client-focused mindset, and demonstrate accountability for company and individual success.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with business and technical people at various levels within the organization.
- Experience mentoring team members to grow their skills and abilities.
- A great source of data and application development talent and have demonstrated the ability to hire and retain top talent.
- Excellent decision-making, risk-taking, and critical thinking skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at a time while navigating gray areas of responsibility and collaborating with others to find optimal solutions.
- Is a strong advocate for following best practices in data and application development processes and brings a disciplined approach to testing, continuous delivery and technical debt.
- Experience with cloud platforms.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Scrum Master experience.
- Software package integration experience a plus.
- Informatica PowerCenter, Data Quality, and Informatica MDM experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft or Java Tech Stacks.
- Experience with Financial Services industry data such as Securities, Associated Persons, Locations, Transaction Flow and Standard industry data providers.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States