Director, Application Delivery & Support
Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $50 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Information Technology Team.
This position is responsible for aligning IT strategy and systems with overall objectives of ICMA-RC, and provides leadership and direction for selecting solutions (buy vs. build) across a wide range of environments. This position effectively manages systems – including sustainment and new development, and is responsible for planning, acquiring, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-wide systems in an efficient and secure manner. This role also builds and mentors leaders within IT, ensuring IT-business partner alignment and the creation of business value from IT-enabled investments.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Develops cutting edge solutions that support ICMA-RC’s strategies and provides a high degree of end user satisfaction.
• Builds strong relationships with business partners and IT leadership to drive strategy and tactical execution.
• Builds and directs a cohesive team of internal and external personnel to effectively develop across a broad range of technologies including packaged implementations, custom development, and maintenance.
• Prioritizes and manages team activities, ensuring that projects are completed on time / budget, and with superior quality. Provides technical expertise, support, and guidance in planning and implementing.
• Provides product management expertise, oversight, and guidance for team development/sustainment projects.
• Ensures effective use of staff, the smooth/efficient operation of the application team, proper controls, and minimal down-time due to systems issues.
• Assesses, re-designs and replaces legacy systems, ensuring optimal operation during the migration process.
• Ensures the integrity of all information systems and corporate information through the implementation and maintenance of established system management practices and controls. Identifies tools, processes and techniques to improve efficiency and quality of the development group.
• Continuously evaluates staff positions, responsibilities and individuals for appropriate performance, skills, potential for improvement and growth. Mentors staff to improve skills, provide career growth, and ensure succession plans.
• Effectively negotiates with outside vendors and consultants as required. Uses consultants judiciously to augment staff, and ensures cost-beneficial utilization.
• Stays abreast of leading edge technologies and best practices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS or equivalent work-related experience
• 10 years of Applications Development related experience including supervisory skills. Ideal candidate has had programming experience. 7 years of experience in product/program management. 5 years of experience with setting technical direction and architecture.
• Significant experience with traditional project/program management practices such as estimation, budgeting, resource allocation, scope management, change management, risk management, escalation, etc.
• Deep understanding of software development lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, Waterfall, SAFe, Lean)
• Experience with vendor management
• Ability to plan, manage and deliver multiple complex projects on time
• Product/program management skills; financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management. Significant experience with traditional project/program management practices such as estimation, budgeting, resource allocation, scope management, change management, risk management, escalation, etc.
• Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, inter-disciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
• Experience with automated/continuous testing
• Deep understanding of technology and secure programming practices
• Strong data management skills, preferred
• Experience with DevOps, preferred
• Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master, Lean or ITIL certification, preferred
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan. For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement. Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.