World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity for an experienced Director to lead our Application Performance Management (APM) and AIOps services delivery team within WWT's Application Services Division. As the Director, you will be primarily accountable for growing, managing, and providing oversight to the APM and AIOps service consulting practices for WWT. The role will ensure a consistent and repeatable approach to successfully leading, planning, directing, coordinating, and executing client delivery engagements. The Director will drive both business and technical decision making to grow, in a healthy way, the practice they oversee. The role will establish and manage a dedicated delivery team, as well as support new business development for WWT.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions/Competencies
- Lead the APM and AIOps service delivery team and grow the practice
- Define and implement business and technical strategic direction for healthy growth of the practice
- Develop new profitable solution offerings centered on enterprise monitoring, APM, and AIOps. Be able to communicate and educate new clients and sales teams the value of solution offerings
- Develop collaborative relationships with other WWT practices and partner to deliver on core offerings
- Provide executive sponsorship of delivery teams to ensure consistent, high-quality deliverables
- Create, cultivate and manage existing and new relationships with clients and vendor partners
- Develop, supervise and assign staff to manage and control all APM and AIOps projects
- Provide executive sponsorship of customer engagements to ensure consistency and high quality
- Build a high performing team and ensure continuous improvement processes around hiring, professional development, and client engagements
- Manage escalation resolution duties, guiding and advising project teams through high-visibility or critical efforts, representing WWT in front of high-level customer stakeholders, and providing objective and accurate reports to all levels of WWT leadership when called on
- Lead by example with personal discipline and continuous improvement
A bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Minimum 10 years in relevant industry (IT, enterprise monitoring, software development, etc.)
- 5+ years of successful leadership of individual and/or project-based teams
- 3+ years in organizational or operational management, including responsibility for performance management of individuals
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in leading high-value customer engagements related to application performance management and/or AIOps
- Experience in growing and managing a team of APM and AIOps Professionals and Engineers, including providing professional development opportunities
- Strong mentorship and presentation skills, comfortable working directly with customers/clients
- Experience working with relevant AIOps tools (Moogsoft, ThousandEyes, etc)
- Strong understanding of integrations of APM and AIOps Tools
- A strong background in delivering APM and AIOps solutions, tools, and techniques
- Critical thinker with the ability to navigate poorly defined problems
- Excellent personal presence with proven ability to represent and work with all levels of management internally and externally
- Highly motivated and dependable with exceptional communication skills
- A self-starter that relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish organizational and team goals.
- Proven track record of partnering with the sales organization to drive new opportunities
- Exhibits natural servant leadership skills and attitude
- Continuous learner and natural teacher
- Ability to give and receive feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. Feedback can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays organized, positive, and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change. Can work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well, seeks mutual understanding, and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.