Prudential has an exciting opportunity for a results and service oriented individual to lead one of our Annuity New Business Operations areas. The incumbent will be accountable for the strategy, overall performance and administrative activities for a staff of direct and indirect reports as well as oversight of multiple vendors. This individual will have responsibility for multiple highly technical Annuity New Business functions and will provide leadership, guidance, and counsel to Managers and associates.
In conjunction with driving the Annuities Strategy, the Director, Process Management will recognize, recommend and implement operational improvements in a fast-paced environment and ensures adherence to day-to-day application of organizational policies and procedures. Building relationships with internal and external partners is foundational along with the delivery of exceptional service to meet Prudential's client experience standards. It will be important for the incumbent to develop a close working relationship with our Sales and Distribution team.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Driven leader who is passionate about customers and shaping the experience
- Plans, organizes and manages an operation which facilitates the issuance of new contracts
- Provides multiple customer service functions for investors, policyholders, field and/or home office staff
- Controls expenses, monitors key metrics and prepares progress reports for upper management.
- Approves personnel activities, which include hiring, training/talent development, evaluation, managing pay, and corrective counseling/termination proceedings
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with various sites
- Drives initiatives within the organization and department with proven results
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities while working under tight time constraints
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 7-10 years operations experience required in Financial Services industry; Annuity industry experience a plus
- 3-5 years' experience leading teams
- Vendor management experience preferred
- Requires leadership, coaching, problem solving and written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of annuity products and systems is preferred
- Ability to utilize data to drive business performance
- Ability to collaborate and lead initiatives both within the department and across the business and enterprise
- Strong leadership, talent mindset, collaboration and partnership skills are essential
- Some travel will be required, up to 10%
- FINRA Series 6 and 26 required within 120 days of hire.