Leads corporate distribution systems, general agents, brokers, and other market support personnel. Responsible for planning, product development, marketing services, production and profitability for as few as two states to regions with as many as ten states. Customarily and regularly engaged in outside sales.
- 25% Leads, markets, recruits, and motivates general agents, brokers, and other market support personnel.
- 25% Solicits actively for new distribution outlets for Companion Life's products.
- 15% Motivates general agents and brokers through visits and seminars to market products.
- 10% Formulates, advises, and implements policies necessary to enhance production profitability and service standards.
- 10% Develops marketing and sales themes, promotions, and sales materials.
- 5% Monitors loss ratios and persistency and implements corrective actions.
- 5% Develops and or enhances new/existing group products. Recommends pricing, product design, filing, direct mail, and compliance requirements.
- 5% Manages all aspects of marketing, sales, renewal, and servicing of Companion Life's products from a field office environment, without benefit of on-site marketing support staff.
- Bachelor's degree - Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Marketing Management, or related field. OR
- Four years job related work experience OR
- A combination of education and work experience totaling 4 years.
Required Work Experience:
- Six years insurance sales and/or insurance marketing.
Preferred Work xperience:
- Experience working with high value Sales Production Targets (currently estimated to meet or exceed $3 to $4 million).
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills related to sales, marketing, and/or underwriting.
- Thorough understanding of agent/broker sales and marketing process.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, and make sound decisions.
- Good judgment skills. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills.
- Basic business math proficiency.
- Analytical or critical thinking skills. Ability to persuade, negotiate, or influence others.
- Ability to direct, motivate, and assess performance of others.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
- Experience in sales negotiation process.