Director, Analytics - Strategy, Insights Integration
We are currently seeking a Director, Strategy, Insights Integration to help develop and lead a specific line of business within our Digital Analytics Department. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of digital and cross channel linear metrics; both from a brand and direct response perspective as well as a track record of successfully building analytic approaches across a broad mix of digital clients. A major responsibility of this role will be to build the Horizon Media approach and infrastructure for digital analytics on existing clients as well as provide measurement guidance on all new business pitches. This is a unique opportunity for motivated individuals to help drive innovation and thought leadership throughout a vibrant and dynamic organization.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- 5%- Help build the team to develop clear and concise dashboarding that will deliver information in an intelligent and digestible manner.
- 5%- Work closely across the media planning and brand strategy teams to develop KPIs and reporting methodologies / approaches that match back to campaign and brand goals and to communicate that based on client needs.
- 5%- Must be able to peel through the layers of reported data, disregarding the unnecessary, and deliver analysis and insight in a constructive and concise manner both internal and external client constituents.
- 85%- Must be able to manage client expectations successfully throughout multiple engagement
Manage and mentor the Digital Analytics team.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills are required, including the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and summarize actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications.
- Thought leadership on all aspects of digital advertising, digital media strategy and standard media measurement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey and package technical findings in layman’s terms
- Prior experience building teams and managing, training and mentoring junior staff on all aspects of digital analytics / measurements and recommendations
- Expert knowledge of DoubleClick/DART, MediaMind, Omniture and Google Analytics
- Exposure to mobile, social, tablet measurement approaches as well as understanding of role of multi-touch attribution in media evaluation
- Proven track record identifying on-going opportunities to productize revenue generating analytic solutions and sell into internal and external clients
- Experience building customized multi-channel attribution models either internally built or leveraging leading platforms (VisualIQ, Adometry, Convertro, C3)
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience managing and coordinating efforts across various teams/offices
- Deep Sr. Level Relationships with qualitative digital metric companies preferred (Vizu, Dynamic Logic, ComScore, Dimestore, Symphony IRI)
- 10+ years relevant experience