Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will be responsible for developing insight into MetLife Underwriting decisions, claim outcomes and providing actionable recommendations for the New Business Underwriting division. In addition, the Director will also be accountable for working with external partners to keep MetLife experts abreast of the latest medical and market trends.
- The Director of Analytics and External Research will be part of leveraging this data to analyze:
- Customer trends i.e., behavioral patterns of customers applying, approved, rejected etc.
- Evaluating the correlation between Underwriting decision criteria/ rules to final outcomes by comparing and analyzing UW and Claims data.
- To establish a better understanding of customer & market trends and more specifically to compare current UW rules to Claims outcomes.
- Creating a structure / mechanism to work closely with Data science, Claims, UW and Product actuarial teams to research and evaluate trends and their implications on UW rules.
- In partnership with Director of UW Rules to make specific recommendations on UW rules.
- Will research and engage with external partners (universities medical hospitals, organizations) to stay inform and bring latest trends impacting core diseases and their implication on MetLife’s UW rules.
- Determine opportunities and identify solutions to improve capabilities and efficiency.
- Contribute to a learning culture and help drive a continuous improvement culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ yrs. relevant work experience.
- 7+ years within data analytics & research.
- Master’s degree
- Ability and flexibility to travel International
- 15+ yrs. relevant work experience.
- Working level understanding of financial services industry and insurance in particular.
- Background in management consulting from top-tier firm strongly preferred
- Written and Verbal communication – Strong communicator. Has the ability to develop written power point and word based communication focused towards senior executives
- Team Management – can manage and influence a disparate team driving specific projects
- Experience with continuous improvement (ie. LEAN, Six Sigma or equivalent)
- Strong customer satisfaction and focus.