Leads and oversees the Retail Banking* Analytics & Insights team in International Banking to drive business performance by understanding key drivers, creating insightful reporting and developing new analytical approaches.
The director is responsible for ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
1. Develop advanced analytics capabilities, tools and use cases for IB Retail:
- Provide support and counsel to local country Retail analytics teams
- Lead Community of Practice for Analytics to share best practices amongst countries and drive collaboration
- Develop value-add use cases to support P&L-impacting initiatives in partnerships with Risk, Countries, external partners
- Support analytic requirements on Division-wide strategic initiatives such as Sales Productivity; AML/KYC & Sales Practice
2. Develop and execute a technical architecture that ensures self-service, business agility, and ease of use for end users of business intelligence products and reports
3. Responsible for the timely and insightful reporting of IB Retail Banking Metrics. The incumbent accomplishes this by:
- Designing and enhancing of Management Reports and other measurement solutions for different initiatives and projects related to IB Retail
- Serving as the subject matter expert for IB Retail metrics and performance
- Coordinating research on industry benchmarks and best practices on key sales and service metrics inclusive of productivity, capacity and models
- Leading and participating actively in initiatives to align and sustain consistent metrics and reporting across the Division
- Integrating economic and other external factors into insight analysis and forecasting models
- Working with in country metrics teams, Finance, Digital Banking and the Data Teams to efficiently production of Business Metrics to drive the efficiencies across the channels and segments.
4. Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
5. Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
6. Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
7. Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Ability to derive hypotheses and extract key insights from data with understanding of businesses implications
Ability to design and navigate through conflicting priorities, turning ambiguity into clarity in a fast-changing environment
Experience with data warehouse/lake, data virtualization architecture, and data modeling concepts
Experience leading teams
Experience working cross-culturally
Fluency in Spanish would be an asset
- The incumbent is required to have a business, engineering, math or computer science degree
- 10+ years of work experience with 3-5 years in related roles
- Strong experience with Advanced Analytics, BI and visualization technology, including R, Python and Tableau
- Strong Experience leading company-wide BI programs, business-acumen, and technical expertise in data space, self-service analytics, and data governance processes
Requisition ID: 21923