Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Director of Analytics leads the analytics function that analyzes and provides the data to support sound business decisions. Drives innovation, design, and strategy within their function. Leads team of business analysts focused on providing business partners data insights and analytics to inform business decisions.
This Director leads the Data Strategy function and is responsible for building and maintaining a program for enterprise-level data strategy, governance, integration, standards, and best practices; drive a cohesive strategy that is pragmatic and focuses on business value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the functions data infrastructure and strategy to elevate the data analysis capabilities at Exact Sciences.
- Lead analytics innovation.
- Develops and continuously improves reporting and tracking mechanisms (tools and processes) to support effective, accurate data analysis across the company.
- Creates new analyses and reporting as needed to ensure that management has a clear understanding of the significant issues that impact company performance and goals.
- Works closely with business partners to ensure prompt and timely (monthly) reporting to senior management.
- Provides high quality and timely analytical support for projects, strategic initiatives, business development proposals, and other investments.
- Assess and improves the functions reporting processes and quality. Develops, analyzes and reports on- going key management, business and profitability performance metrics.
- Develops and maintains job descriptions, ensures staff are trained and manages responsibilities/assignments of staff, conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions, manages employee performance reviews, provides guidance to staff or resolves conflicts and communication problems, proactively promotes and supports departmental and company teamwork. Completes administrative tasks with timeliness and accuracy. Administrative tasks include, but are not limited to, personal and project status reports, management requests, and staff reviews.
- Escalates to Senior Management any quality concern on a timely manner.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to travel occasionally, as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent business experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Data Analytics function in positions of progressive increasing responsibility and scope and demonstrated strong performance.
- 5+ years of leadership experience with demonstrated success in employee development, coaching, hiring and performance management.
- Advanced ERP systems, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
- Skillful at supporting cross-functional cooperation and building strong working relationships across business unit/operating teams.
- Independent and objective thinking to properly evaluate, communicate, educate, influence and gain cooperation in reaching consensus, decisions, and action.
- Results orientation and initiative; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Ability to positively lead and adapt to change and operate in a dynamic organization.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in Diagnostic, Biotech, Pharma or Medical Device areas of healthcare industry.