The Analytics and Evaluation Lead is responsible for creating the strategy to transform data into knowledge by creating publications (abstracts, posters, slide presentations, and journal articles) that can be used to elevate oral health’s visibility, inform policy, care, community, and financing system decisions, and increase awareness about Partnership impacts. He/she will be responsible for leading a team that includes a data and impact lead, data analyst, biostatistician, and an internal impact analyst. Additionally, the Analytics and Evaluation lead will oversee the work and provide guidance to two Academy Health post-doctoral fellows. This position will work closely with external researchers and authors, internal Partnership staff, and across the DentaQuest enterprise to ensure the knowledge created is maximized by the other teams working within DentaQuest.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Partnership Vice President, develop an annual research agenda, research practices, and an operational plan with strategies, tactics, and goals that support organizational priorities and research approaches to explore emerging trends.
Work collaboratively across the Partnership to identify key impacts from scientific
- programs and grants and oversee internal impact evaluation. Disseminate results through white papers, annual reports, presentations, etc.
- Oversee the research methodology including data procurement, health services research compliance, data analysis procedures, the application of statistical methods, and practical knowledge of health data for all studies.
- Develop and maintain written policies on data procurement, usage, and storage in conjunction with the DentaQuest’s compliance, audit and data security teams.
- Understand database structure/processes and contribute to the development and execution of effective data mining processes, including: dataset preparation; data cleaning; data exploration; modeling; model deployment; and model assessment.
- Create and engage a research and publications Advisory Board made up of subject matter experts to ensure a rigorous internal review process for all study findings.
- Oversee and support external research partners including governmental agencies, academic institutions, professional associations, or other partner entities.
- Lead activities to ensure Institutional Review Board review and approval is received where needed.
- In collaboration with the Chief Dental Officer, Measurement lead, and other internal stakeholders, lead analyses to support the development of national quality measures in dentistry.
- Direct the Scientific Communications manager on content development, publications, presentations and leading voice initiatives.
- Lead the development of internal impact analysis to ensure value of grant work and programmatic activities are understood.
- Work collaboratively with Innovation team to share insights and support new ideas.
- Effectively manage activities within the identified budget and follow expense management procedures.
- Coordinate and implement appropriate performance management strategies for team members to include: