Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This position reports to the Sr. Director, Enterprise Risk, Compliance, and Security (ERCS) Head of Global AML. In this position, you be responsible for overseeing and directing the Global Know Your Customer (KYC) program and processes, which includes the Customer Identification Program (CIP), due diligence/enhanced due diligence, and customer risk disciplines. This position will also be responsible for managing and enforcing the global enterprise-wide framework for KYC as well as related policies and standards. In addition, this position will help define the technology strategies in support of the global KYC strategy and related processes. In addition, this position will be responsible for strategic global credit partnerships.
This position will lead a small team of professionals supporting the KYC and Global Credit processes. You will work in close collaboration with multiple areas of the company in multiple regions across PayPal’s footprint, which require excellent communication and collaboration.
- Drive global standardization of the PayPal KYC requirements, and related customer due diligenceprocesses, in accordance with policy.
- Collaborating with regional teams to ensure programmatic process to support KYC requirements in local jurisdictions.
- Stay apprised of AML regulatory changes globally to assist in determining PayPal impacts to KYC and customer due diligence requirements and drive program changes
- Drive an effective AML strategy for the global credit products and effective coordination across credit partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Provide clear and succinct communication both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff
- Actively developing relationships and working collaboratively with cross functional groups and leaders within and outside of PayPal to drive results.
- Championing the goals and objectives of ERCS across the organization.
- The ideal candidate will have senior GFCC experience within a large, complex financial services institution and is adept at navigating a complex and continuously changing global regulatory ecosystem.
- The successful candidate will hold a minimum 10 years of AML, Compliance, law enforcement or similar experience. A college degree and relevant experience in a senior position at a large financial institution is preferred.
- Extensive technical knowledge of U.S. and International AML regulations, and a detailed understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act and the FinCEN Prepaid Access Rule.
- Technologically conversant with a knowledge of Analytics, Data Science and Big Data is considered to be enormously advantageous.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to partner effectively at multiple levels and across disciplines.
- Exceptional project management skills, with the demonstrated ability to build and manage the day-to-day operations of large, complex GFCC programs in a changing regulatory environment.
- Proven ability to operate in ambiguous environments and exhibit agility in navigating from current state to proposed solutions.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.