We have an immediate opening for a Director, NA Payroll. Reporting to the VP of Global Payroll in this roll, you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage ongoing U.S., Canadian, and LATAM payrolls, including Time and Attendance
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls, and proactively work to identify and implement efficiency improvements.
- Provide leadership to ensure that payroll services are processed in accordance with established policies and procedures and all legislative compliance requirements.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators, and SLA metrics for department.
- Oversee workload and processing structure of department to maximize efficiency and prioritize in accordance with operational requirements/deadlines.
- Partner with HR, Finance, and business leaders to drive standardization and alignment with policies and procedures. Support all business initiatives which require infrastructure support from payroll (i.e., changes in attendance policies, etc.).
- Ensure payroll issues are escalated and resolved with root cause analysis and corrective action for all levels of employees and management.
- Coach and mentor staff to ensure each team member excels individually and engages and motivates the team to work together towards the success of a common goal. Team focus aligned to customer service excellence and continuous operational improvements.
- Change management experience and ability to facilitate change.
- Develop the payroll team, including hiring talent, providing professional growth and development opportunities, and creating an environment of service, knowledge, and accountability.
- Bachelor of Science degree (Business, Accounting, HR or Finance) or equivalent work experience
- 10 years Payrollexperience overall with increasing responsibility in the payroll, HR or finance function including:
- Demonstrated strong leadership of Payroll
- Certified Payroll Professionals (CPP) designation preferred
- Large, multi-state, exempt/non-exempt, multi-union company payroll leadership, required
- Experience with multi-country payrolls in LATAM and North America
- Experience with implementing new platform or upgrades
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team member who works across organizational lines – without boundaries; exceeding the results of the organization and surpassing customer expectations
- Demonstrated strong project management skills; experience in converting payroll systems/providers to new solutions, preferred
- Strong process and procedure orientation for continuous process improvements
- Demonstrated drive for excellence in operational support and customer service
- Strong ERP experience highly preferred