Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the operations of multiple practice plan divisions, ancillary testing services and clinical programs. Works collaboratively with the Physician Division Chiefs, physicians, other clinicians and the program/practice managers to develop and implement strategic plans focused on the growth and development of clinical and academic programs. Accountable for the operational performance (service, quality, financial) of assigned areas of responsibility and works to achieve goals and objectives that support the mission and strategic plan.
- Ensure departments and divisions are in compliance with company policies and procedures and with the requirements of any applicable regulatory agencies or accrediting bodies (i.e. JCAHO, PA Department of Health, Medicaid).
- Negotiate, communicate, and coordinate with other departments to change work processes which enhance operational efficiency, improve service/quality and maximize revenue.
- Establish, in collaboration with medical staff and managers, quality and service standards. Ensure that standards are maintained and that operating plans are implemented and monitored.
- Identify critical success factors for all areas of responsibility; establish performance measures (and corresponding measurement systems) for each critical success factor; routinely monitors divisional or departmental performance across these measures and focuses department or divisional efforts on achieving superior performance in these measures.
- Develop and oversee divisional/departmental capital and operating budgets. Allocate and authorize appropriate expenditures. Manage areas of responsibility to meet budget targets and accomplish fiscal objectives.
- Create a culture of service excellence focused on defining, understanding and consistently satisfying the requirements of both internal and external customers. Assist managers and division chiefs to develop and implement action plans to improve service levels and exceed customer expectations. Incorporate patient family centered care principles into all activities.
- Create and implement business and program development plans that support and advance the Practice Plan and Hospital strategic initiatives. Assist faculty and coaches staff to establish and achieve programmatic goals.
- Work with the VP of Operations, Division Chiefs and Facilities Management Staff to develop effective and efficient facility plans for areas of responsibility.
- Utilize CQI principles to continuously assess operational processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of individual department operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare administration, business administration or related field with 5 years experience in ambulatory healthcare environment or healthcare management. OR
- Master's Degree in healthcare management with 3 years experience in healthcare management OR
- Completion of an administrative hospital/physician fellowship program.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical program development and progressive management responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of health care professionals both in and outside the organization.
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to develop, motivate and lead a team to accomplish specific goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze complex information; summarize key trends or findings; identify root cause issues; evaluate pros and cons of alternative solutions; makes sound financial decisions.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise in ambulatory health care management.