ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversees implementation and support of clinical and non-clinical Epic application modules within the ambulatory and revenue cycle settings throughout the Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine, including integration necessary with Epic application suite and outside vendor functions.
- Plans and coordinates analysis, design, build, development, test, training and go-live activities for upgrades and implementation of additional Epic modules.
- Works in partnership with the Chief Information Medical Officer to develop and implement strategies to increase the value derived from our EMR by our patients, clinicians and operational areas.
- Oversees Health Information Exchange (HIE) activities via development, implementation and support of technological solutions designed for sharing clinical information to and from outside physician practices, hospitals, and healthcare systems.
- Serves as a key member of Admin & Finance Ancillary Oversight Governance Committee, LGHP & Community Connect Practice Executives Committee and LGHP Operations Council.
- Works collaboratively with project management, clinical and non-clinical staff and user communities to develop best practice processes, work flows, and system build. Works with applications analysts to determine system specifications. Identifies risks and develops appropriate solutions.
- Identifies risks and assists other leaders with trouble-shooting and tracking implementation-related issues, ensuring successful system installations. Provides oversight, management and guidance of the daily activities of the ambulatory and revenue cycle applications teams.
- Leads, guides, assists and coordinates users, vendors and Information Services resources. Resolves all development or implementation related issues.
- Maintains a high level of business and technical knowledge regarding all aspects of Epic Ambulatory and Revenue Cycle modules. Partners with operational areas to improve functionality through integration of modules.
- Reviews new requests for clinical and revenue IT services, analyzes user requirements and assigns team related resources. If necessary, in conjunction with responsible executive, refines project scope and assists with the development of cost/benefit information for project, making recommendations and project proposals.
- Develops and assists team members with requirements and implementation tasks for user groups. Assists and develops accurate test, implementation and back-out plans. Works with member of the project leadership team to assess appropriate implementation strategies and impact of those strategies on workflows, conical functionality and overall operations.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of policies and procedures. Validates the results of process redesign and workflows with operational stakeholders.
- Works in conjunction with the Sr. Financial Operations Analyst in coordinating and managing PO software invoice and contract management processes.
- Provides oversight, management and guidance in leading continuous quality improvement activities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 years of relevant IT experience; 4 years in healthcare IT.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Excellent analytical, consultative, problem solving and communication skills.
- Understanding of the healthcare applications suite and their place in the acute care, physician, ambulatory and ancillary settings.
- Demonstrated ability to solve highly complex technical, organizational, operational and people problems; Technical knowledge/experience with integration/interfacing, significant conversions, and programming logic.
- Significant experience in system problem solving and solution analysis, vendor management, system implementation including all aspects of system testing in a healthcare environment.
- Documented success in leading the implementation of a complex integrated Hospital Information System, Experience or familiarity with Epic Application Suite preferred.
- Management experiencepreferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Bachelors of Science (Required), High School Diploma/GED (Required)