The Director leads and manages a team of 4+ Alumni Relations professionals who provide programming and support to major alumni constituencies and communities.
This team directly supports more than 100 regional clubs, five affinity groups, faculty-based programs, and coordination with several shared interest groups, all of which engage alumni and alumni volunteers throughout the world.
The Director coordinates efforts with other Advancement colleagues focused on diversity and inclusion efforts more broadly, ensuring that a strong alumni diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy is implemented.
In alignment with overall Alumni Relations and Advancement strategy, the Director and their team initiate and maintain active collaboration with campus partners (including Institutes, Centers, and academic units) to strengthen student-to-alumni initiatives and alumni outreach overall.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience (alumni relations, volunteer or other non-profit management, development, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Management experience required, as well as experience working with volunteers/external constituency groups.
- Experience working with Boards and their committees, advisory groups or councils.
- Experience working with and addressing the concerns of multicultural and other affinity groups.
- Experience in a higher education/non-profit setting highly desired.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills, as well as written and oral communications skills.
- Comfort in dealing with a wide range of University constituencies.
- Brown University graduate preferred.
- Ability to lead a team that is juggling multiple programs and projects, all in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to manage and work collaboratively with volunteer groups and leaders in a non-profit setting.
- Ability to speak effectively to groups, e.g. via presentations, meeting facilitation and other public speaking methods.
- Excellent customer relations skills and a high level of tact and discretion is required.
- Incumbent must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends, as well as engage in periodic domestic travel as needed.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.