This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly-formed team within Academic Partnerships that focuses on the development of alternative credentials to be delivered through B2C and B2B channels.
The Director, Alternative Credential Marketing provides central coordination and management of all aspects of marketing and recruitment for online alternative credential programs. This role holds responsibility for increasing enrollments and revenue for Alternative Credential product, working in close collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders from the Marketing and Enrollment and Retention Services teams within Academic Partnerships. The Director, Alternative Credential Marketing will analyze the market and implement strategies for specific products to test assumptions, improve performance across products from all disciplines, and conduct data-driven, root-cause analysis to support continuous improvement.
The role is virtual / remote. Some travel may (eventually) be required to AP's headquarters in downtown Dallas. The role reports to the Senior Vice President, Alternative Credentials.
- Be an advocate for and subject matter expert in online alternative credentials, their market segments, and successful marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Provide a central point of ownership for the marketing and recruitment plan for alternative credentials. Coordinate best practices for marketing and recruitment of alternative credentials across academic level and discipline.
- Liaise and strategize with Lead Generation Channel Leaders (e.g. digital marketing, field sales, organic, etc.) and Vertical Leads (who support degree programs) to determine appropriate channels for each type of alternative credential. Liaise and strategize with Enrollment Services to determine appropriate communication strategies and support for prospects.
- Work with Marketing and Alternative Credentials Product Development on creative, learner flow and UI/UX for the non-degree enrollment process. Develop marketing briefs to guide creative development and help prioritize work within an agile scrum-team environment.
- Actively track KPI’s and conversion ratios. Perform root-cause analysis on under-performing programs and work collaboratively with marketing to take corrective action. Liaise and strategize with Marketing and Analytics teams to determine optimal reports to measure success of campaigns.
- Oversee development of marketing assets based on strategic marketing plans, established deadlines and designated channels. Work with Managing Directors, Vertical Leads, and others to procure partner approvals and ensure partner assets are accurate, up-to-date, and optimized for driving enrollments and revenue.
- Work with corporate and university partners to develop co-branding, alumni, social media and event opportunities.
- Maintain research on demographics and competitive environment for alternative credentials. Conduct new market research as needed.
- Work effectively with a virtual team
- BA/BS degree
- Masters degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience marketing alternative credentials (i.e. continuing education, bootcamps, or similar)
- 5+ years of professional experience in either business development, marketing or sales
- Experience working with higher education institutions
- Strong leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills. Able to collaborate, influence and achieve results within a matrixed organization.
- Ability to interpret and draw conclusions from data (such as applications and enrollments) and turn analytic insights into business actions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial and start-up mentality, as well as an ability/interest in wearing multiple hats.