Bring us your passion for agile marketing, digital, and data analytics, and we'll put you to work on exciting initiatives that answer the challenge: "How can we better engage and nudge our clients in taking action to reach their financial and wellness goals?" Working with a dedicated team of energetic, forward-thinking innovators, you'll stretch your imagination and sharpen your skills on the leading-edge projects that are keeping Sun Life Financial ahead of the curve. You want more than a job; you want a career - a career with a company that encourages learning and personal growth. You want to be "one of the best."
The Digital Benefits Assistant (DBA) program is helping our clients achieve financial security and well-being by being an integrated part of their lives, proactively providing personalized, useful and actionable information. The program will become a leading digital client engagement platform that will fuel the velocity of the Sun Life Canadian business units. DBA will create a differentiated competitive advantage with our plan sponsors who will value the superior benefit offering and sponsor-employee relationship. It will be a magnet for Canadian digital talent by growing, developing and empowering team members.
The Pod Lead (Agile Product Owner) is responsible for ensuring that the agile marketing team lives agile values and principles. The responsibilities of this role include clearing obstacles; establishing an environment where the team can be effective; addressing team dynamics; ensuring a good relationship between the team, scrum master and delivery as well as external stakeholders; and, protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
The Agile Marketing Pod Lead (Product Owner) will be accountable for:
- Leading transformation of Sun Life's marketing culture and process through the adoption of agile principles and values
- Enabling the Agile Marketing team to maximize campaign quality and velocity
- Strategic planning of breakthrough initiatives from the company's digital marketing strategy portfolio
The right candidate will have a record of accomplishment leading transformational efforts in high-performing marketing organizations or departments. The applicant should be a relentless advocate and problem solver for their teams – a leader who is passionate about clearing roadblocks, reducing bureaucratic
overhead, solving political conflicts, creating value, and blowing performance targets out of the water.
The Pod Lead, like all the Agile Marketing team members, embraces an iterative and continuous improvement mindset; continuous change; and, the autonomy to make their own decisions without necessarily having prescriptive input from management. Team members are eager to gain cross-functional skills across different roles, so must be passionate about learning with a desire to expand both their business and technical knowledge.
What will you do?
- Identify and implement opportunities to accelerate and improve marketing processes, outputs, and digital marketing strategy through agile thinking
- Working with business partners supporting the definition of campaign goals, building team backlogs, time-boxing deliverables, and supporting the team in campaign development and testing
- Build and continuously evolve Client journeys supporting business strategies to ensure the best Client experience
- Give guidance to the Scrum master to help optimize individual and group contribution to help maximize campaign ROI (VNB and Cx)
- Leads the development of business cases for major investments required to fund digital strategy portfolio initiatives, including rationales, KPIs, ROI models, etc.
- On recommendation from the Scrum master, anticipate threats to team progress and engage stakeholders and leadership to address issues. Work diligently to remove roadblocks that will reduce the agility of the pod operating model
- Participate in the continuous evolution of the finalization of the DBA agile operating model & help implement and chamption changes
- Inspire the agile marketing team and stakeholders to embrace essential agile practices such as sprints, stand-ups, backlogs, etc. as well as agile values
- Coach team to optimize individual and group contributions and maximize campaign ROI
- Help to align agile marketing team campaigns with overall Sun Life brand and digital marketing strategy
- Lead the scale up and deployment of the agile marketing scrum methodology and learnings to other parts of the organization
What do you need to succeed?
Agile team members demonstrate strong past indicators to:
- Maintain an ownership mentality
- Ability to quickly make sound decisions based on available data
- Advocate for the Client, leveraging insights that can drive meaningful marketing tactics
- 5+ years as part of a high-performance marketing organization (i.e. large consumer brand, cutting-edge advertising agency, leading financial services organization, or marketing/media practice of a top management consulting firm)
- 7+ years' experience in leading and coaching strong dynamic teams with proven results and deliverables
- Subject matter expert in agile practices (Scrum framework)
- Strong negotiation skills and willingness to challenge and be challenged
- Experienced in backlog building, burndown tracking, etc.
- Adept at stakeholder engagement, political consensus-building, and conflict resolution; tireless in placing these skills at the service of her or his teams
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven success leading Agile transformations
- Emotionally intelligent manager
- Strong analytic and creative thinker
What's in it for you?
- Being a member of the Sun Life family, a group of people united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
- Being part of our journey in developing the next greatest digital experience
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security