This role facilitates processes and operation of a multi-million dollar Enterprise Value Stream. The Value Stream Director escalates impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery, and drives continuous improvement. The Value Stream Director is accountable for the overall coordination, execution and delivery of value while ensuring alignment with company strategy, commitments and goals. This role is accountable for facilitating the VS team in developing VS epic roadmaps/backlogs that align with the Enterprise Portfolio. This role ensures alignment between the Portfolio and the Release Train/Program teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and optimize the flow of value delivery through the value stream
- Establish and communicate schedules for quarterly Epic planning
- Facilitate epic planning sessions
- Publish epic plans for visibility and transparency
- Assist with execution and epic completion tracking
- Manage value stream investment and provide financial tracking to portfolio
- Facilitate periodic retrospective meetings
- Assist with priority recommendations by facilitating Epic value and tradeoff discussions
- Resolve, escalate and/or track impediments across release trains
- Encourage team collaboration
- Collaborate with other value stream stakeholders to help assure strategy and execution alignment
- Help manage risks and dependencies across the value stream and release trains
- Drive continuous improvement
- Encourage and participate in continuous integration and communities of practice around SAFe, Agile, Lean and Engineering and Quality Practices
- Coach, mentor, and motivate team members
- Influence team to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution within the VS team and stakeholders
- Provide input to development and refinement of the scaled agile framework
- 7+ years of professional experience, 3+ years managing and leading employees and complex team efforts, 2+ years experience leading SAFe agile teams, or equivalent program and project managementexperience on large complex technical projects/programs.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, negotiation, mentoring and personnel management skills.
- Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, and Access) required