UL Transaction Security is a member of the UL Family of Companies. Founded in 1894, UL is a premier safety company with more than a century of proven history, leading the world in enhancing safe living and working environments, facilitating global trade and serving as a trusted source of information and knowledge. UL employs over 11,000 professionals who work in over 100 countries.
The Transaction Security division of UL extends this safety mission statement from the physical world to safety and security in the digital world. UL Transaction Security focusses on securing and certifying large, mission critical digital transaction infrastructures such as mobile, payment and ticketing networks and infrastructure. UL provides in-depth technical advisory services, testing and certification services and accredited testing platforms to relevant stakeholders in the industry.
Manages revenue-budget, cost-margin, headcount, policies, programs, processes, systems and staff critical to the delivery of Advisory & Educational Services (AES) and Project Management Organization (PMO) for UL’s Transaction Security Division.
The Director AES provides oversight for strategic consultancy programs, regionally or globally. Advisory services ranges from business strategy implementation towards the technical advisory for specific projects in scope of TS clients.
The Director AES is on top of the latest developments and ensures that UL is aligned accordingly. He/she is responsible for strategic focus of the team, knowledge and expertise development within the market domain(s) of UL TS. Director AES is customer focused and can act as a trusted advisor towards customers and acts a spokesman within industry forums or other customer events.
In day-to-day business the Director AES:
- oversees solutions/ offerings and develops them in collaboration with sales and business development.
- oversees team operations to achieve people and operational goals.
- supports and collaborates with other services lines and support functions to ensure customer satisfaction and achievement of business objectives.
- Develops and recommends global budget and conducts activities in accordance with corporately established plans and budgets.
- Acts as a spokesman in the customer environment and industry forums.
- Requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and to conduct proposals to C-level management and customers.
- Has an up-to-date market knowledge, drives solution development, innovations and is a knowledge person to the team
- Serves as the liaison among regional offices / industries. Coordinates activities, policies and business procedures among the region to take advantage of existing synergies. Resolves complex issues by serving as consultant as needed.
- Reviews and executes against staffing requirements and assignments to meet policy, program, project or process requirements and responsibilities. Applies organizational policies and assures adherence to those procedures.
- Proactively works on continuous improvement to applicable policies, processes, systems and tools.
- Leads, owns, maintains, participates or collaborates on regional or global programs or processes as defined. (e.g. – ISOAudits, Accreditation Body audits) and actively maintains that information to keep it current.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by developing accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing career counseling, feedback and guidance and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in Engineering, Science, Business Administration or a related discipline plus generally 10-15years’ experience in a business management capacity as well as international experience and management of personnel and business services.
- Demonstrates the ability to competently manage employees and other team leads in a business and technical arena.
- Knowledge of the business and technical vocabulary common to the appropriate discipline, and have good understanding in Lean Sigma and Project Management principles and concepts.
- Working knowledge of standards, regulations and other regional or national standards, as necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of project-handling concepts, systems, tools, applications, policies and processes
- Ability to compose a variety of complex documents including analyses, policies and proposals. Ability to present information to, respond to controversial inquiries from and negotiate with individuals or groups of internal or external clients, top management, government agencies or other influential groups.
- Ability to interpret complex information gathered from diverse sources in a wide variety of forms. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions in situations where few decision-making guidelines exist.
- Significant business travel and work outside of the office is required as customers local and global and multiple regional teams are reporting into the Director AES.