Activities Support our Practice Head and the team with your skills in:
• Project and Team Coordination –Keep us aligned and producing on time so our clients and partners are happy, and so we, as a team, have greater impact and a humming work environment.
• Business Development –Our Practice Head, Sales Team and Design Team create proposals, RFIs, and RFPs each week. Some of your attention would be spent here with them.
• Social media, promotion and event management –Help our work and our team shine in the world. Build our presence on social platforms, in face-to-face events that we sponsor or support, to promote design-thinking.
• Visual Presentation –Consider the visual nature and quality of the experience at any Client Touchpoint. Work collaboratively to start and finish proposals, event summaries, blog posts, and to support the experience of client visits, all with an eye to a high-quality look and feel.
A Fit for You We envision that this role may be filled by a person with a strong visual skillset who wants to grow in other business and team coordination areas… or, alternately, a coordinator who has been growing their visual and social skillset. Let us know how you might fit these four skill areas and whether you excel in a stable position or a growth-oriented role.
We're growing a design-led, large enterprise-scale, front-end-of-development group. Our mission is to bring design-thinking to our clients, projects, teams and work life…and to support design-thinking within our global consultancy. While we hire team members with design-thinking, service design and user research skills, we're in great need of an Engagement Coordinator with Program Management skills to help us collaborate and meet the public in a variety of ways, including being a great, global team.
• Equivalent of B.A plus recent MBA. Relevant fields: Communications, Business Management, Design.
• Minimum 3 years experience in marketing or business development in a design or business agency
• 2 years of social media engagement; well networked in the creative space in our region.
• Microsoft Office, Adobe CC, and Mac applications. Social Media platforms.
• Lead initiatives in collaborative spaces akin to Slack, Mural or RealTimeBoard • Ability to edit or create in UX Design tools like Sketch or UXPinare desirable, but not a must-have.
• Note: While our company and clients use/are Agile, this role isn't about applying project management or Agile zealously.
What's Next? Tell us about you…! • Share your resume, cover letter and 2 to 3 relevant work samples (or your website). In your cover letter, please give an example of Design Thinking at enterprise scale that you find inspirational, and how you might go about shining a light on that example in both local and global ways.
Who You Are
Do your skills and mindset ready you to work with a design team in a large enterprise?
Practicing empathy for the people, teams, clients around you… and far away.
•people-connecting skills to make progress and to align a team in making the most of itself
•adapting to others' styles of organization and communication
•flexibility and openness while still being action- and achievement-oriented
•teamwork with multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural colleagues, both locally and globally
•sense of humor and perspective, even in a slow WebEx call on a long day
•perseverance that also knows when to take a break
Further skills include
•fearlessness in opening a new software application that the designer sitting next to you uses all the time
•strong communication skills both as a team member and as a "storyteller" whose work shows confidence and insight
•open to and experimenting with new ways to reach clients, potential new hires, and the publice.