The role of the Advertising Sales Director is focused on retaining and growing Plex’s ad revenue within the Northeast Region. The ASD will assist in the building, hiring, and managing of an East Coast sales team. The Advertising Sales Director will be responsible for retaining existing Plex contract revenue and increasing revenue from both existing and new clients. The ASD will successfully lead their team by leveraging their proficiency in navigating the unique nuances of the CTV/OTT purchasing cycle of some of the world’s largest ad agencies and clients direct. The ASD may also have oversight of specific international territories where direct advertising is available to be sold. Plex is looking to take a proactive approach in maximizing the value of our premium video inventory both direct and programmatically.
You will report directly to Plex’s Chief Revenue Officer and work in partnership with Ad Operations, Finance, Marketing, Content, Programming and Product teams to deliver the maximum value for our advertising partners.
What you'll do
- Direct, coach and sell Plex’s premium digital video inventory to advertising agencies or clients direct via managed sales or on a programmatic basis
- Represent Plex in the digital advertising marketplace and become an active brand advocate
- Be continually aware of key metrics, including individual and team revenue performance, progress versus financial targets, and required future activity levels from team
- Assist the sales team with individual sales situations where necessary; this will include working with individual sales personnel on specific account strategies to sell in new business and or retain existing business
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction to generate renewals and increase incremental revenue at all times
- Direct the team and lead in ideation and development of client RFP requests
- Work closely with internal teams across ad operations, finance, product and account and yield optimization
- Understand Plex’s strategic priorities and propose suggestions for pricing and inventory management in both domestic and international markets
- Stay informed of industry trends, competition, and changing technology helping to facilitate a consultative sales approach to Plex’s advertising client base
What you bring to the table
- You have 10+ years of digital advertising sales experience of which at least 2+ years include leading a sales team selling within the ad sales echo system of OTT streaming, Digital and Linear TV VOD advertising sales; ideally within OTT/CTV streaming
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced start-up collaborative environment capable of managing your time in working with remote teams across the globe
- Open to working full-time remotely with occasional requirement to work within a collaborative sales office to be based within NYC
- Deep relationships within advertising agencies (VP level and up preferred) and direct advertising clients located on the east coast
- Strong understanding of CTV streaming sales both AVOD and FAST including knowledge of SSP’s and DSP’s sales processes
- Deeply analytical and knowledgeable of ad operations technology and partners
- You believe in being kind, helping others, and asking for help yourself when needed
- Driven to not only achieve revenue goals but exceed them for the collective benefit of the company
- Must have a highly curious intellect and entrepreneurial sales approach that drives ad revenue across a very competitive CTV streaming landscape
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. Our vision is to empower real human connection by bringing people and entertainment together. So, we’re on a mission to create a global community for streaming content that people can depend on to easily discover, experience, and share all of the entertainment that matters to them.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- We host epic in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- All of our roles are remote, however, some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur in UTC -7 to UTC -4
The Plex Values
- Be kind, humble, and helpful.
- Approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Put yourself on the customer’s couch.
- Be a good steward. Like a boss!
- Build relationships to ensure healthy debate.
- Foster a global and diverse team spirit.