The Wichita Falls Times-Record, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is the leading source of local news and information in South Texas through mobile, online and print products. We are committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals. We have an exciting opening for a strategic and tactically driven Retail Advertising Director to build and lead a high-performance, local-accounts sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. The Retail Advertising Director will direct activity to meet and exceed revenue goals and objectives and budget advertising revenue goals.
In this role, you will:
· Provide overall leadership and guidance for the sales effort including day-to-day management of their assigned accounts.
· Responsible for the implementation of sales strategies and department procedures.
· Prepare and manage revenue and expense budgets to achieve targets.
· Responsible for the ongoing improvement of products, services, ad content and layout.
· Establish promotional and sales efforts for growing advertising revenues and increasing market share.
· Identify regional competitive threats and create promotional packages to overcome competition.
· Develop and maintain effective client relationships with advertisers.
· Provide coaching and feedback for sales staff to support talent development and ensure they meet sales goals, control expenses and achieve departmental budget.
· Participate in sales calls with sales staff to ensure that sales reps are properly executing training knowledge and meeting the customer’s needs.
Here's what you need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Business, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent experience. Advanced degreepreferred.
· Minimum of 5 years Sales Management experience. Digital advertising salespreferred.
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ever-evolving environment.
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
· A track-record of innovation and initiative
· Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable key account environment.
· Ability to build and manage a B2B sales organization.