Opportunity at a Glance
As the Director of Admissions you are responsible for the overall successful operation of the Admissions Office including training and development Advisors using approved resources. Coordinates with department managers to implement student enrollment strategies and manage resources in order to meet performance expectations. Provides leadership in the execution of the business plan, the control of the expenses and other managerial functions, as needed.
- Develops, directs and coordinates the development, direction and coordination of student enrollment activities
- Ensures that objectives, plans, budgets, policies, practices and actions are consistent with the overall for the Admissions Office
- Participates in the development and execution of both short-term and long-term student recruitment strategy in the field to ensure the objectives are met and implements approved programs
- Ensures quality hires and manages compensation and performance management programs to stay within salary budget
- Recruits and hires new staff, which includes interviewing prospects
- Delegate responsibilities to Advisor team to ensure that policies and decisions are followed.
- Carries out management responsibilities which include the following: planning, assigning and directing work of subordinates; appraising their performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Applies TEACH Values in the completion of all job assignments
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as well as Adtalem’ s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of previous admissions experience required
- 2 years management experience required, or in lieu of previous management experience, internal candidates must have 5 years of admissions experience, 2 in the role of executive advisor or higher
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive, and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.