Position Summary -
The Administrative Director will be responsible for supporting the delivery of a holistic, outstanding, and distinctive student experience across a portfolio of programs so that students have a seamless and integrated high-quality experience. The Administrative Director will ensure that the “voice of the student” is at the forefront in the delivery of programs; seeking and listening to feedback from students, alumni, mentors, and staff about the quality of the program experience. The Administrative Director will work across the operations and academic teams to ensure feedback is addressed in an urgent and thorough manner. The Administrative Director will be an expert in the programs he or she supports, including the student population and unique needs of that program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities -
- Serves as a key liaison for a specified portfolio between the programs and key college and university stakeholders
- Provides operational and personnel leadership to the senior managers for the programs he/she supports
- Participates in and contributes to regular staff, department and meetings with college partners as appropriate.
- Represents their portfolio at meetings related to the student experience.
- Focuses on the entire arc of the student’s program portfolioexperience -- from prospect to alumni -- to ensure that we are delivering programs that are seamless, frictionless, and deliver on our student promise of degree and career success.
- The Administrative Director will have a unique holistic view of the student’s program experience within their assigned portfolio, which puts him/her in the position to suggest and lead pilot studies within the portfolio, suggest amendments to policies and procedures, suggest and collaborate with Program Development on revisions to academic resources, and take the lead on implementation of innovations.
- Plays a key role in reviewing the support provided by the Student Support Centers to ensure that the support, learning resources, and/or tutoring is meeting the needs of the students in his/her portfolio.
- Maintains a solid understanding of college and institutional goals and priorities as they relate to the student experience.
- Implements program-level initiatives that optimize the program’s outcomes and ultimately improve the student’s program experience.
- The Administrative Director will be expected to ensure integration and coordination of any new programs and services with programs currently being offered by the college and university.
- Highly knowledgeable of the unique needs of WGU students particularly in the areas of student engagement, student retention and student satisfaction. He/she must be confident using this knowledge to inform strategy development and ongoing evolution.
- Knowledgeable and up to date on current WGU Institutional Research including the university surveys, college specific surveys and the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE).
- Uses current research to design intentional, proactive and responsive programs that are in line with the needs of our students and faculty partners.
- Confident reading and interpreting statistical information and data relevant to the student experience.
- Proven ability to take initiative and be both creative and flexible.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, solid organizational skills, and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, build consensus and be sensitive to the needs and interests of various stakeholders, and contribute to the functioning of a diverse team both within the college and across the institution.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to and thrive in a collaborative environment and to apply a positive team approach to working with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to use and interpret data to make decisions, and communicate results effectively to various stakeholders.
- Able to build collaborative working relationships across the university. The Program Experience Manager will be required to lead colleagues and university stakeholders in understanding the student experience. Teamwork skills are crucial as is consensus building and strategic leadership.
- Highly knowledgeable in best practices, literature and research on the needs of students at post-secondary institutions and have a strong understanding of the unique needs of WGU students including graduate and undergraduate students
- Strong commitment to Competency Based Education
Required Education and Experience -
- Master’s degreerequired Business, Higher Education Administration, or related field
- Experience developing, delivering and evaluating strategies at post-secondary institutions
- Experience with successful collaboration across multiple departments and proven ability to produce results to operational improvements that impact the student experience.
- Program/project management experience is an asset