Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Not Specified years
Posted 108 days ago
Prudential’s Long-Term Care (LTC) business includes both individual and group products. The position is for a director to manage a small team who will be an integral part of the Valuation Center of Excellence (COE) LTC actuarial team responsible for liability projections, financialreporting, and support of Project Springboard model conversion from claims cost to first principles model.
The primary responsibilities of this position include support for Project Springboard model conversion including model testing, reconciliation, documentation, etc. Other key responsibilities are to conduct the liability projection and financialreporting processes during the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close. The liability projection activities include forecasting, loss recognition testing, asset adequacy testing liability projections, and others under various risk management frameworks. The position will also be responsible for validating and maintenance of the actuarial models, including the updates for new assumptions and regulatory requirements, regression testing, documentation for User Acceptance Test (UAT) and close contact with other business partners. The position will support the routine experience studies and assumption updates, and support external requests including valuation, pricing, auditing, finance, controller and the corporate actuarial department.
· FSA; College degree or above.
· Strong actuarial modeling experience.
· Self-motivated and strong drive for results; Must be a team player.
· Advanced experience in MS Excel and MS Access including VBA.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Strong financial knowledge (GAAP, Statutory, Asset, ALM).
· Prior US GAAP and statutory valuationexperiencepreferred.
· Long-Term Care knowledge and experiencepreferred.
· Experience with the PolySystems software and/or model conversion experiencepreferred.