Director & Actuary - PRT Pricing
The Director & Actuary will be a member of a team providing actuarialsupport for the Institutional Markets line of business. The primary focus will be on the pricing of domestic and international pension risk transfer deals: buy-outs, buy-ins, reinsurance, and longevity products.
As a member of the pricing team, responsibilities will include interfacing with business unit management and other functional areas such as underwriting, valuation, policy administration, ERM, and the sales team.
The actuary will also support the development of new international markets, experience analysis of jumbo deals, and current product maintenance as needed, and also maintain department documentation of products and processes. The actuary will also manage staff.
Direct pricing projects, including deriving assumptions, scenario analysis, producing high quality pricing memorandum and other documentation as applicable, within required timeframe. Success necessitates the opportunity for significant interaction with business management and other functional areas throughout the company to complete pricing projects as well as the governance process.
Support other actuarial product management/maintenance initiatives as required. This includes providing input to the post-bid process, monitoring the competitive and regulatory landscape, and identifying risks and opportunities in the product portfolio and collaborating on corresponding solutions.
Maintain and continue to enhance the pricing model, the pricing process, and department documentation. This entails monitoring company and industry experience and the economic environment, recommending, documenting, and implementing pricing updates and modeling improvements.
- FSA or seasoned ASA.
- A minimum of 10 years of actuarialexperiencerequired; however, candidates with a minimum of 7 years of experience may be considered for a commensurate role.
- Prior experience in pricing pension risk transfer deals, pension consulting or valuation, or pricing insurance products (e.g. fixed annuities or payout annuities) is a required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong management, leadership, and collaboration skills
- Strong mathematical, problem solving, and analytical skills. Detail oriented, including attention to documentation.
- Preference for Houston, TX.