Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
As a Director & Actuary you will be responsible for managing the new business pricing models which are set up in Prophet. In addition to the modeling responsibilities this person will be a contributing member of a team responsible for designing, developing, pricing, and managing AIG’s life insurance portfolio which includes Secondary Guarantee UL, Equity Indexed UL, Variable UL, and Survivor UL products. This is a key position in AIG US Life Insurance Pricing Team.
Get to know the business
We do meaningful work every day, leveraging AIG’s vast array of financial tools to make a difference in people’s lives. From helping people cope with a severe illness or the loss of a loved one, to turning lifelong dreams such as weddings and college graduations into reality. We help our clients weather the ups and downs of life, ensuring they have a financial cushion that lessens the blow of an unexpected event. We’re also there for the triumphs, helping our clients achieve important milestones.
About the role
We want to hear from you today if you are confident with the following duties:
- Collaboration with distribution to brainstorm innovative solutions
- Gathering information on markets and competitor products
- Prototype design
- Creation of technical specifications
- Collaboration with IT systems
- Model development and coding
- Assumption development
- Rate Setting
- Policy form review with Legal and Compliance
- Creation of state filings materials and communication with the state departments themselves
- Presenting to management the results and risks
What we are looking for
- Fellow in the Society of Actuaries with 10 years of experience
- Familiarity with US individual life insurance products and the regulatory environment, statutory and GAAP reporting requirements
- Excellent Spreadsheet and database capabilities (Excel, MS Access and VBA)
- Experience with Actuarial Software such as Prophet, MG-ALFA, or Axis. Prophet is preferred.
- Desire to constantly improve – your work and yourself
- Strong communication (oral and written) and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, challenge status quo and promote new solutions
- Undergraduate degree in actuarial science, mathematics or statistics
Job location is Houston, TX, but remote is considered for a strong candidate.Travel requirements are minimal
What our employees like most about working for AIG
- We care about your professional development. Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation.
- Our “Giving Back” policy is at the core of our daily operations and guides our future progress. Don’t believe us? We put our money where our mouth is! AIG, will give you up to 16 hours a year paid time off to volunteer in the community.
- Our people are our most important asset therefore we provide a generous benefits plan and competitive pay. Benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance). We offer 24 PTO days to start. YES, 24! 9 paid holidays per calendar year.
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan which will be HARD TO BEAT. Our 401K - $1 for $1 match up to 6% with immediate vesting, plus AIG automatically contributes an additional 3% in to your 401K regardless of if you enroll or not.