New York, NY
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 181 days ago
The Commercial Pricing Practices & Governance team serves as a transformational force within the Pricing department – standardizing, challenging and enhancing pricing practices. This role involves working with actuaries, data scientists, underwriters and other parties to implement new methodologies and practices.
The projects will vary and offer exposure to many exciting subjects in Actuarial Pricing and Data Science. This role requires strong understanding of actuarial pricing practices and influencing skills.
• Leading core projects to standardize critical pricing processes and methodologies.
• Deep dives into specific lines of business
• Collaborating with modelers and actuaries in pricing, reserving, ERM and other areas to establish a consistent approach for advancing pricing capability.
• Evaluating risks within a model, including model implementation and underwriting environment.
• Working with actuaries and underwriters and others in different product areas to ensure proper implementation of pricing strategies.
• FCAS preferred but not required
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related areas.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• 7+ years of relevant experience. Experience and knowledge in commercial property casualty insurance is preferred
• Strong influencing skills – ability to work with cross-functional team to gather inputs and align objectives and recommendations.
• Effective in process engineering and change management.
• Strong Project Management skills. Strong execution and results orientation.