Director, Actuarial Analytics
This role will lead financial analysis and client behaviour initiatives within the Solutions Research & Development team, with particular emphasis on analysis that will inform financial reporting, client engagement and profitability.
Within SLF Canada, IIW is one of the largest business units, with over 1,700 employees. Individual accounts for approximately 20% of worldwide earnings in the overall Sun Life Financial group of companies, and over 45% of Canadian earnings. We manufacture and distribute leading-edge life insurance, health insurance and wealth management products and solutions for over two million individual customers.
As an actuary, you will be part of a large actuarial community and will focus, within the Individual Insurance business, on identifying and exploring financial drivers and management action opportunities to influence beneficial outcomes for Sun Life and our clients.
- Study client and advisor behavior patterns to uncover new insights that might be leveraged to drive value / eliminate waste for clients and shareholders
- Push beyond traditional experience studies to identify root cause drivers that might be exploited to influence lapse and mortality outcomes
- Conduct protective value studies to streamline and improve underwriting requirements to be both more effective and less intrusive to clients
- Identify opportunities to improve alignment of good outcomes for clients with profitable outcomes for the company
- Identify and facilitate financial reporting improvements that will provide clear and timely signals to management to take appropriate action
- Examine the impacts of modelling alternatives and the resulting impacts on management actions and financial outcomes
- FSA / FCIA
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team environment and across multiple sites and multiple business units.
- Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills - be able to effectively communicate complex results to a business audience not familiar with complex data and analytics
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel while managing constantly changing deadlines and priorities
- 3+ years of life insurance experience, including Pricing, Valuation and ALM