The primary focus of the duties for the Director – Acquisitions Integration is to manage the successful transition and integration of Aqua’s acquisition / growth opportunities within both the water and wastewater business. This includes Level I, 2 & 3 type acquisitions (level of size & complexity).
This position will lead the integration process, working with Business Development from initial due diligence issues and Asset Purchase Agreement development, through the Closing Date and the eventual monitoring of the meter reading and billing process, post-closing, to ensure that our customers receive an accurate and timely bill. Project work includes issues tracking and resolution, and post-conversion support.
The customer service area includes Banner structure set-up (rates, company code, district code, cycle, route, etc…), data mapping, data validation, source data clean-up, conversion coding, meter reading, meter set-up and configuration, conversion testing and test billing review (calculations and format).
This position works directly with the Customer Operations Team Leads, State/Division Leads, contractors and outside entities/vendors throughout the conversion process to ensure overall project coordination. Within Aqua this coordination encompasses various functions, including State operations, Communications, HR (employee on-boarding), IT (IT infrastructure), field services, meter operations, fleet management, material management, procurement, finance and payroll.
Aqua’s ‘Acquisitions Playbook” (integration task list) is to be maintained / updated to ensure project scope and tasks are up to date, accurate and inclusive. This position will manage post-closing review sessions with key stakeholders to discover improvement opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead all acquisitions integration projects (with multiple projects active at any given time) and provide team leadership in the areas of acquisitions integration for all in scope functional areas.
- Ensure all acquisitions integration projects are adhering to Corporate PMO processes and methodologies.
- Prepare and maintain the project plans, schedule and financials associated with the acquisitions integration projects.
- Develop and maintain the Acquisition Playbook for each Level 2 and Level 3 acquisition.
- Manage acquisitions integration team, internal Aqua resources, contractors and outside entities to ensure a successful transition.
- Ability to meet with outside entities (sellers’ transition team, management and transitioning employees), representing Aqua America, as the transition issues are being addressed and the transition plan is being developed.
- Develop and implement a conversion plan (including detailed Cut-Over tasks and timing) that are specific to each acquisition / divestiture.
- Provide for regular review and prioritization of project related tasks with the project team and Aqua functional areas.
- Coordinate ACO Team Leads, State/Division Leads, and outside entities throughout the conversion process to ensure overall project coordination and integration.
- Communicate with business development & senior leadership team as to project status, issues, etc.
- Work with external seller/municipal teams to coordinate transition activities.
- Develop annual resource plan for Aqua’s acquisitions integration effort, based on current input from Business Development.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets for the Acquisitions Integration department (both Operating & Capital).
- Provide supporting documentation and reports to end users and management.
- Travel required periodically facilitating work with outside entities, ACO Team, State leads, etc.
Bachelor degree in Business Management with strong acquisitions integration and project management experience.
5 years of experience in project management roles; preferably with PMP certification.
Banner and/or similar Customer Service / Billing application experience.
Ability to work independently on assignments. Must have experience managing team of resources (internal employees & contractors). Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize most important and time critical tasks. Must have flexibility to work through project completion (closing) as necessary. Travel required periodically. Must be able tosafeguard information of a confidential nature.