As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Acquirer Solutions is an important initiative for our acquiring partners and to Visa. As our partners continue to recognize the value that the Cybersource Digital Platform brings to them through enabling them to deliver critical capabilities that their clients are demanding by leveraging Visa’s ongoing investments. The Business Development role is an integral part of our group and will architect successful partnerships that will drive revenues and accelerate solution distributing deals.
**This role can be located near any of Visa hub locations in the USA**
- Conduct business development with Financial Institutions, Acquirers, and Processors to expand Visa services aimed at helping acquirers and partners meet merchant and market needs.
- Design and construct complex analytical frameworks to make decisions and identify business and operational opportunities and risks; create strategic, business and financial rationale and analytics in support of commercial deals
- Create compelling presentations summarizing deal terms and strategic fit for executive review
- Negotiate commercial deals and terms with senior executives at potential partners
- Utilize and manage internal and external service providers (legal, finance/accounting, banking, consulting)
- Lead cross-functional due diligence efforts with prospective partners, including financial, product, technical & systems assessment
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with a variety of global constituents throughout a highly matrixed organizational structure
- Drive discussions and seek input from relevant constituencies to reach consensus on significant decisions
- In collaboration with Visa technology partner business development teams, design and execute tri-party commercial deals between Visa, its acquiring partners, and its technology partners
This position has office location options for any Visa USA office / Telecommute.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 10 years of progressively responsible business experience with 5+ years’ experience managing strategic relationships with financial services and technology solution providers
- Extensive worldwide knowledge of the payment, risk management and payment security industry, including card, alternative and local payment processing
- Significant experience managing commercial deals through the entire lifecycle; exceptional deal management, deal structuring, negotiation and leadership skills; ability to structure key terms and conditions to accommodate specific risks and constraints; demonstrated ability managing referral pipelines with partners
- Demonstrated ability to work with large, cross-functional (e.g. product, sales, strategy, marketing) and cross-regional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a partner’s C-level executives to present Visa’s strategic vision and negotiate effectively on behalf of the company
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor addressing a wide variety of functional business problems
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines
- Bachelor’s degree, language skills a plus, advanced degree(s) a plus