Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At home point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Director - Accounting will work directly with executive management as well as the Controller/CAO. This role is responsible for determining the accounting treatment for new and/or complex transactions, enhancing the company’s accounting policies, supporting the accounting for significant estimates and reserves, as well as department project management. This role will also participate in the preparation of the year-end audit of the financial statements and support the year-end financial statement audit process. The Director will participate in the design and implementation of internal controls over financialreporting as well as the month-end general ledger close process by developing processes and procedures for the accounting for significant estimates and reserves.
- Support the month-end generalledgerclose, including,
- Review account reconciliations for complex accounting areas;
- Provide information for the calculation of certain reserves, significant estimates and/or journal entries for new or complex transactions the Company may enter into.
- Support the preparation of year-end audited financial statements
- Work with other members of the Accounting team to continue to develop and implement internal controls over financialreporting
- Project management
- Create and maintain accounting policies and procedures and work with existing accounting staff to ensure accounting policies are being adhered to
- Support the year-end financial statement audit process
- Contribute, support and/or lead additional initiatives of the Finance/Accounting group, including system implementations, reporting initiatives and ad-hocfinancial analyses.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduatedegree in accounting; CPA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Big 4 or similar public accounting/auditing experiencerequired
- Sarbanes Oxley and SEC Reporting experiencerequired
- Excellent communication, leadership and management skills required
- Financial Services experience a must have
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Mortgage experience a strong plus
- Technical accounting experiencerequired
- Acquisition and integration experience a strong plus