At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate employees like you. As a Director of Accounting you will be critical to the continued success of St Anthony Hospital. You will have the opportunity to leverage your healthcare accounting, leadership, and relationship building experiences to help us continually deliver on our mission. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately!
Directs accounting activities and resources.
- Directs preparation of financial statements, reports and audits and reviews for accuracy.
- Monitors development of data and entries to general ledger, accounts payable and payroll.
- Coordinates preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly reporting. Ensures compliance with internal financial requirements as well as regulatory requirements.
- Develops, implements and maintains general accounting systems and controls ensuring best practice standards across the institution and in line with corporate guidance.
- Directs the activities of staff to support accounting needs.
- Responsible for management functions including activities related to staffing such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluation, and compensation determination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Seven years’ experience, with five years in leadership
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.