Director Accounting Services
8 - 10 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Director ensures that departmental and functional procedures, internal controls, and reporting conform to company procedures, corporate policies, and state and federal regulations and statutes while directing specific areas within the overall department operation.
At the Finance Shared Services Center, our mission is delivering service excellence and innovative solutions. We do this through our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity. We treat each other with mutual respect, we value the contributions of all of our employees and we encourage open communication of ideas, opinions and suggestions. We do not compromise our integrity, even for the sake of profit. The quality of our reputation is just as important as the quality of our resorts. We do not compromise in our efforts to deliver superior service and an exceptional experience to our guests.
- Maintains an understanding of Finance concepts, methods, standards, principles, and technology, and makes sound decisions and recommendations based on that understanding.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of current and evolving best practices and industry trends.
- Serves as a Finance thought leader and technical resource for the department, division, and/or enterprise.
- Develops and executes the strategic plan for the department consistent with the strategic vision of MGM Resorts International (Financial Shared Services) FSSC.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of Finance role, meets business objectives, and partners with leaders to set strategic direction of MGM Resorts.
- Directs and influences people, processes, and resources to support the best interests of the business. Builds trusting relationships with business leaders and partners.
- Communicates Finance-related concepts efficiently and effectively.
- Thinks analytically, focuses on the big picture, and is able to drill into the detail and understand the impact.
- Understands how the business works and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Finance.
- Adapts to shifting priorities while maintaining focus on the broader business.
- Develops and executes the strategic plan for the department consistent with the strategic vision of MGM Resorts International (Finance Shared Services Center) FSSC.
- Directs department operations, processes, and strategies for multiple business units/properties, meeting all deadlines and related responsibilities.
- Directs and supports the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure MGM Resorts International’s competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
- Directs Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas within the department to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Executes and directs the implementation and measurement of guest service standards within the department consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Provides support, training, mentoring, and development to reporting staff on an ongoing basis to ensure the department performs at a maximum performance level. Plans, schedules, and directs the staff to promote efficiency in completing their job responsibilities.
- Reviews work of the assigned areas within the department to ensure the timely reporting of accurate financial information for business units/multiple properties and FSSC to protect the MGM Resorts International assets and safeguard from possible regulatory violations, fraud, or misappropriation.
- Evaluates and reports all irregularities immediately to FSSC management as appropriate.
- Directs activities and production of documents for business units/multiple properties and FSSC in response to requests from internal auditors, independent auditors, and local, state, and federal agencies.
- Oversees all functions within assigned areas of the department in accordance with MGM Resorts International policies and procedures, city, state, and federal laws.
- Maintains successful day-to-day operation of all department functions, while adhering to GAAP and MGM Resort International corporate accounting policies.
- Ensures all balance sheet accounts continuously reflect accurate financial position through oversight and review of work and reconciliations performed by managers, supervisors, accountants and clerks.
- Familiar with monthly, quarterly financialreports including P&L review.
- Collaborate with other department Directors to improve service quality, process maximization and efficiency in all finance areas.
- Strategically analyze and determine processes at increased risk for financial misstatement and establish procedures for monitoring to reduce risk.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 7 years leadership experience.
- At least 7 years FSSC, Accounting/Finance, Project Management experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Advanced Degree.
- Knowledge and experience with MGM Resorts International financial systems (Infinium, AS400, Showcase Strategy, Cognos Finance, Cognos BI).
- Previous experience working within the Hospitality/Gaming/Resort industry.
- Previous experience working in a Shared Services environment.