$200K — $250K *
The Director of Accounting will be responsible for the financial leadership of The Save Mart Companies and its subsidiaries. This position is responsible for managing all accounting operations, maintaining the integrity of the company’s accounting records and operations in accordance with GAAP. Responsibilities include Monthly and quarterly close, data analysis, and making strategic financial decisions that will meet the organizations short and long-term objectives. Reporting to the Controller of the Save Mart Companies, the ideal candidate will possess a CPA certification.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Lead the month, quarter and year-end close activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the cost of goods, inventory, and supply chain costs.
· Review and analyze all inventory related entries to provide accurate inventory valuation and reporting.
· Attend senior management meetings to provide support and financial insight for key decisions.
· Actively partner with the Merchandising and Finance team to identify and drive opportunities to optimize store performance.
· Maintain a system of internal controls to ensure the accuracy of physical inventories and explain variances to the prior quarter and prior year.
· Actively manage all balance sheet reconciliations, including inventory and distribution center accounts.
· Oversee the reporting process to publish timely financial statements and analysis for management and board of directors.
· Drive all external audit activities related to the areas of responsibilities.
· Research, analyze and conclude on technical accounting issues, including the preparation of memorandums regarding the company's position in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner.
· Analyze process automation to reduce cost and increase effectiveness.
· Assist with budgeting and forecasting and ongoing variance analysis.
· Partner and collaborate with peers and business partners to drive change management, lead process improvement, and alignment within the finance group and cross-functionally.
· Building an effective and efficient team by evaluating, staffing, and developing the team’s capabilities and competencies.
· Support other accounting functions on the direction of the controller
LOCATION: MODESTO, CA
Requirements and Qualifications
· Successful track record in increasing leadership roles
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced Excel, pivot table and VLOOKUP skills
· Multi-functional responsibility inside companies with heavy process orientation
· Operates with high integrity, builds trust, quickly wins and sustains credibility in relationships with others; personally approachable
· Excellent financial and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in higher profitability
· A self-starter who needs little direction; is highly self-motivated
· Possess strong leadership skills and business acumen
Education: CPA Required
Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred
Experience: Must have minimum of 10 years of experience in both public and private accounting with demonstrated success at increasing levels of responsibility in analytical roles. Retail experience preferred.
4 year’s audit/assurance experience from a Big 4 public accounting firm.
A strong technical accounting background.
Other: Some travel.
Valid through: 10/19/2020