Director Accounting / Financial Analysis
Minimum Requirements Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Experience: Twelve years of relevant accounting/financial experience including three years in a management role.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong analytical and technical skills with proficiency using enterprise planning systems, Excel, G/L, A/P, Fixed Assets.
- Skill communicating with executive management to understand requirements and set priorities.
- Excellent organizational and team management skills.
- Skill leading, motivating and directing a team toward common goals while meeting all deadlines.
- Skill managing multiple projects concurrently and delegating while maintaining involvement in projects to meet deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to identify trends within raw data.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products.
- Proficiency using relevant Finance and Accounting software and systems.
Additional Job InformationPreferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Financial services or banking experience
Job Description Job Summary:
Directs and manages all aspects of the accounting functions to include the month end closing process, maintaining general ledger accounts, regulatory reporting, reconciliations, treasury, special projects and developing reporting within the Accounting Operations division. Ensures accuracy of general ledger accounts and produces and analyzes financial reports to meet industry and statutory requirements. Analyzes trends and make recommendations as requested.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, manages and performs the month end closing process for all banking entities, parent company, Treasury Department and support companies. Prepares journal entries and performs variances analysis and regulatory reporting. Reviews general ledger to ensure proper accounting. Provides accounting support to the Strategic Finance Office.
- Maintains accurate general ledger accounts and other various accounting and/or financial records. Provides information to assist in the production of the monthly, quarterly and/or annual financial statements and management reports. Works with Accounts Payables, Fixed Assets and Procurement to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Ensures the general ledger is in balance each month and ensures proper accounting by maintaining a working knowledge of the chart of accounts and cost center/lines of business.
- Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Participates in performing specialized financial accounting or planning functions such as Greensky, SOFI, BOLI, LITHC, BAM, MAD, B&C and reconciliations. Prepares, maintains, analyzes and reports on organizational, business unit or departmental budgets as requested.
- Performs FHLB/Treasury accounting functions to include Brokered CD's, FHLB draw down requests, advances, processing death claims, buying/selling securities. Serves as back-up regarding the bond portfolio system.
- Provides leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems. Works with the Human Resources Department to resolve more complex team member-related issues.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.