At MSG we valuediversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds!MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements,MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in alllocations.
- Lead accounting team for MSGE (including Live, Productions, and Tao) and Sports Properties accounting including month end accruals, reconciliations, revenue and expense reclass and analysis, balance sheet analysis, journal entries, and monthly / quarterly reporting.
- Provide audit support including transaction backup, walkthroughs, and SOX processes as required for internal and external audit teams
- Special projects including but not limited to system testing, and ad hoc information requests and analysis
- This position will require excellent written and communication skills, an expert understanding of accounting principles and the Company’s policies and procedures. The Director will be required to adhere to strict reporting deadlines which will require superior supervisory and organizational skills.
MSG Live / Sports Properties Accounting (50%)
The Director shall be responsible for supervision of accounting processes listed above for MSG Live and Sports Properties by event based on documentation received from Finance team. Additional accruals will come from sources including T&E system, procurement system, and others.
The Director will be responsible for supervision of revenue and expense reclass and analysis on an event by event basis, and will identify and resolve any discrepancies between GL balances and estimated Flash amounts of revenue or expense.
The Director will prepare the monthly Controllers Letters (MSG Live and Sports Properties) and related schedules showing monthly and YTD results versus Budget, Forecast, and Prior Year.
Productions Accounting (20%)
The Director shall be responsible for supervision of accounting processes listed above for MSG Productions by property and each show element based on documentation received from Productions Finance team. Additional accruals will come from sources including T&E system, procurement system, and others.
The Director will be responsible for revenue and expense reclass and analysis, and will identify and resolve any discrepancies between GL balances and estimated amounts of revenue or expense. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for the management of the Balance Sheet and accurate accounting of various production assets.
The Director will prepare the monthly Controllers Letter (Productions) and related schedules showing monthly and YTD results versus Budget, Forecast, and Prior Year.
TAO Accounting (10%)
The Director shall be responsible for accounting for TAO…
Audit Support (10%)
Provide audit support including transaction backup, walkthroughs, and SOX processes as required for internal and external audit teams. The Director shall also supervise the annual Beacon audit.
Admin & Special Projects (10%)
The Director will be responsible for departmental management. The Director will be responsible for maintaining and improving departmental processes. The Director will be responsible for occasional system implementation testing and training.
- Teamwork – must be able to work with various operating groups
- Communication Skills – must present themselves in a professional manner and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility – must be able to juggle various projects and be willing to change projects as needed
- High Energy and Commitment – must display a positive, confident assertive personality and be able to work on projects until completion.
- Detail Orientated – must have drive and desire to research and resolve variances
- Expert analytical, accounting and financial skills are required.
- Experience in monthly analysis reporting and monthly closes.
- Must have strong Excel skills, with experience in HCM, Oracle, ADI, TM1, Infor and Coupa applications preferred.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- The individual in this position must be a self-starter, be organized, have a sense of urgency and a dedicated team player.
- 8-10+ years of experience and a Bachelordegree in Finance / Accounting required, and MBA or CPA a is plus.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Requisition ID 18-8868