Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue torevolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
- Responsible for all facets of the account to report processes. This responsibility spans across geographies and legal entities.
- Defines the strategic end-state that improves the speed of the Close process; enhances control and governance of the process; increases transparency of the process; improves the consistency and reliability of data generated in the process; and incorporates changes in regulatory standards into the process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Identifies and leverages the uses of technology that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the account to report process and ensures the adoption of these technologies by the organization.
- Leads the multi-year effort to transform the company’s account to report processes toward “best in class” performance.
- Analyzes the current account to report processes for various geographies and legal entities including the underlying activities, policies, infrastructure, control and governance mechanisms and technologies utilized to assess areas of improvement and priorities the roadmap.
- Partners with IT resources and external vendors to ensure the account to reportprocesses are supported by appropriate, future-oriented technology solutions.
- Provides periodic updates to senior management and the finance transformation sponsors on the status of the account to report transformation efforts and escalate issues as needed.
- Develops an account to report operating model that ensures effective use of resources in the various locations across the globe.
- Develops a change management process that is aligned with the company’s transformation methodologies and ensures changes to accounting process standards and related policies incorporated into the company’s accounting policies on a timely basis.
- Ensures execution of appropriate controls supported by documented policies and procedures across the relevant groups.
- Supports a culture of self-assessment and continuous improvement to ensure ongoing improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of the account to report processes.
- Monitors the impacts of account to report process changes and their impacts on governance and controls and ensures appropriate assessment and communication of governance and control impacts to process owners and other internal stakeholders, specifically the company’s internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley and controllership functions.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college.
- 10+ year(s) including in accounting, accounting compliance or audit/advisory roles with a multinational, accounting/audit or advisory/consulting firm.
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO controls framework.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and associated processes. CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in process re-engineering, program management and technology implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize varied viewpoints to identify an optimal solution and develop a coherent plan or vision.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and drive execution at all levels of the organization on a global basis.
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, influencing and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large global cross-functional projects and act as a change agent.
- Experience in process architecture, process change, and change management ideally gained in other organizations which have executed transformation initiatives.
- Knowledge of, and experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining processes organization wide.
- Action-oriented: ability to turn strategic visions into executable tactics effectively and do what is needed to deliver results.